Sign in to follow this  
mike lowrey

Visvim F/W 07.08

I hate seeing this comparison.

Anyways if any of you guys remember me posting that I would email Visvim about their QC... I finally got a reply. I am not sure if I should post up the mail on the board but yeah. My feedback got forwarded to Hiroki says Matthew the person I am corresponding with. So in the mail it basically said how they appreciate my feedback and how they are looking into the QC in the Korean factory. They also requested some photos of the shoe I wrote in about, my SS06 Mowats. Going to take some shots tomorrow and send them in, hopefully all goes well.

Can you mention while your at it in your next email WTF is going on with those FBTs, and that no one but no one actually thinks positive things on them.

Would LOVE to read the reply to that.

^is there anything promising at all for the upcoming season?! a better version of the fbt? ancestors?

cool, thanks for the info. can't wait for the catalog to be released to the public.

Ther skirt thing isn't too much of an issue seeing as you can just take it off. but the soles.....you can either deal with it or not.....but this stuff isn't too bad...

i want sum rice...are they actually sellin that?

im sure it's one of those "novelty" items that are given out during the S/S reception party

I cant see why having their own rice is such a bad thing, I'm sure theres some story behind it and if its for example given out at a party I think its a pretty funny idea.

I'm not a huge fan of bape comparisons either, as I've said before they're not worth comparing in terms of product design, quality and craftmanship, style or anything for that matter. only relation is that they're both japanese labels that have somewhat of a cult status and hype around them. however their products and aesthetic are completely different.

Just as soon as visvim starts to make my size in shoes, they've lost everything I loved about them.

Anyone got a size 12 brown FBTs they want to sell me?

I don't know, looking at pictures of the FBT's on ebay and they're kind of growing on me. I didn't realize each one had a different colored logo.

shit, the midsole alone ruins the shoe for me, to then add that disgusting logo ontop of that... visvims design team have completely baffled me on this one, what the hell were they thinking?

you guys are kidding right? i think these are pretty nice. they'll grow on you. they could have done better with the color choices though.

Black and brown aren't too bad. Plus your pants will cover the coloring-book-feather-logo-whatever. It just feels as if these shoes are from a new brand altogether. It breaks with everything that we have seen so far. Put these next to the CDG Kiefers and tell me how that works. But then, some of/most of the G Line shoes, etc. are also completely off the usual Visvim track.

Everyone know that the Arrow Moccasin Company is to Superfuture, what Visvim is to Hypebeast.

Don't even think about linking that one Beinghunted.

that new leaf logo sucks. i can deal with the speckled midsoles though.

and i wish they'd release the e-cat @ 50%... and at 50% of the price :)

oh the vis line has now gotten even weirder.

vis fitteds

vis.jpg

^I'm sorry, but no allover print or crazy embroidery?

Won't cop!

there is a purty Vis leaf logo at the back thou :P

^nah that's not big enough, people won't be able to see that I'm wearing The Vis from the first glance.

If it comes with a big Visivisvim hangtag that I can leave on I might still consider droppin' some bones...

fuckin hell it looks like all those trips stateside have officially made hiroki lose his mind. those fitteds a wiggity-wack.

the bape comparison... well if you remember how bape was in the mid-late 90s... the manhunt boots, the shirts... they were high quality and had an attn to detail that was not available on the market... not unlike vis... just a different aesthetic if you will but the recent nomad jkts aren't that far off...

old school bape manhunts are the jam.

need help re:logan x mmj

visvim1979-img600x450-1185742941f1000129.jpg

pwcgg356-img600x450-1185278344p1030072.jpg

I'd only seen the second versions... are the ones in the first pic legit?

they forgot the size holographic sticker....

they probably redesigned it and flipped it to make the whole cap a hologram.