to all studio d'artisan fans( hate to bring this to you)

edmond

God I would love to see Levi try this with Gap Inc. and get slapped.

The Japanese companies should band together and share the cost of legal representation. One solid decision in their favor would set a precedent that could protect all of them. It might also keep them in business.

I wonder where the case would be tried... there's so much in the ways of rumors and speculation right now. Superdenim is ablaze with panic.

buybuybuybuybuybuybuy!!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a kind of half-assed translation if anyone's interested. The Japanese was written pretty formally and there are some set phrases used in the letter that don't translate very gracefully. (At least, not when I'm doing the translating.) Still, hopefully it's a little better than Google or Babelfish.

"Notice of changes to our standard jeans' specifications

We are pleased to report that things are going increasingly well. We would also like to extend our warmest thanks for your continuing patronage.

We'd like to take this opportunity share that we have decided to make some changes to the specifications of the staple jeans that you've kindly supported over the years.

It's been a long time since the birth of our brand, and we've decided to take the plunge and make jeans that are even more original, artisinal, and posses a sense of humor, as well.

We hope for your continued support as we produce even better products.

Best regards.

Model numbers affected: SD-101, SD-102, SD-103, SD-105, SD-201, SD-202, SD-203, SD-203R, SD-301, SD-302, SD-303, SD-001, SD-003, D1002, DP-292, SD-D01, SD-D02

*Our current stitching (arcuates) and tab will be discontinued in addition to the above-mentioned changes. We will continue to use our leather patch.

We will begin production in the above conditions beginning this August."

So, I think I agree with those who have said it might not necessarily be a particularly radical change. Maybe they'll just cease to name cuts by the year they're a reproduction of, etc.

They are probably just renaming the whole line and dropping some redundant models. They probably caught some heat for so blatantly reproducing the 501 line year-by-year color by numbers. I mean it's not hard to prove someone is copying when you call it a 33 cut, 47 cut, 66 cut, etc.

If they continue to make one slim cut, one boxy cut and one 'other' in various denim then you won't be missing out much.

i wonder why bootleggers still hasn't been targeted. i guess they aren't very big. but they try to produce unmodified repro's... unlike any of these companies that at least change the arcuate and patch graphics.

yeah, they're always the first ones i think about when i hear this stuff. but at the same time, how does anyone know they haven't? no one has a pair.....

it seems as though this is happening to all companies that ship abroad. what about brands that have no outlet outside of japan. there are still hundreds of those.