Uniqlo Selvage

Biggow

Here's a little bit of info about the Uniqlo 1-wash.

-I normaly wear a size 30 in pants that are true to size (like dress pants). My New Standards are 28 and the Uniglos are 30 and their sizing is uniform (no enormous variation like APC) so you should all get your real size unless you want them real tight.

-The fit is slightly more relaxed than NS through the legs, crotch and waist but the overall look is very similar

-The rise of the 1-wash is lower than on the selvedge Uniglo which is more 501-ish so you should keep that in mind when choosing which model to buy.

-As mentionned earlier the quality of the construction is inferior to something like APC but at $30 you can't go wrong

Nice one for the alteration info. Will be in there tomorrow to get it sorted.

For further info. I was in the Oxford Street branch today but it turns out the the Shuttle Denim is only available in Regent Street.

It's the smiling on the package

It's the faces in the sand

It's the thought that holds you upwards

Embracing me with two hands

Guest larry

Was in both stores, both have shuttle denim, but don't have the selvage edge as in the pics.

The tags are the same, except they don't have the selvage tag. Any info?

Edited by larry on Jul 23, 2005 at 01:11 PM

Quote:

Was in both stores, both have shuttle denim, but don't have the selvage edge as in the pics.

The tags are the same, except they don't have the selvage tag. Any info?

Edited by larry on Jul 23, 2005 at 01:11 PM

--- Original message by larry on Jul 23, 2005 01:11 PM

The jeans you describe are probably the one-wash kaihara jeans. Non selvedge and cracking good value for money.

They won't be shuttle loom denim BTW.

Quote: toszie.. you cant!! hahaha!!

i have had my friends check 7 stores, and all are sold out! thats 3 in london area, and 4 in tokyo!

if anyone finds out where they stil got them in stock give me a shout too!!

Is the Richmond store included in the 3 in the London area, as I was in there a few weeks ago and they had stacks of them?

for those in the US who want a pair of uniqlo, i have a pair of 30x33 for sale. i bought 2 pairs but won't be needing one. i thought i'd share the love with a fellow denimheads. if you want, send me a pm. they cost me 52 bucks each, so i'll let you have a pair for the cost plus 8 bucks shipping. it's still unworn and brand spanking new. if you send paypal, add 4% paypal surcharge.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

i got my uniqlos in the regent street shop in london close to picadilly circus, for 20 pounds on sale, which is roughly 30 euros, or 35 dollars. they were one of the last ones, the other store on oxford street ran already out of them..

btw i copped a pair of natural indigo blue blood 14 oz. ringring (blue-greenish, non selvage though) in tk maxx in bristol for (hold your breath) 25 pounds !!!!!! those idiots didnt have a clue, there was no price on them,just one pair. so the clerk just made up a regular other jeans price......i dont know what they normally are going for , since i never saw these before. but what a fuckin steal...

Red Vintage Selvedge denim fabric - for all users. Let me know if you use this fabric. I can supply regular and Damn cheap compared to Kaihara, Nishinbo, or anyother maker.

Looking For Denim Fabric, Specially Red Selvedge Vintage with traditional Rim. If anyone here can help out will be great. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:

Red Vintage Selvedge denim fabric - for all users. Let me know if you use this fabric. I can supply regular and Damn cheap compared to Kaihara, Nishinbo, or anyother maker.

--- Original message by Denimite on Aug 9, 2005 08:13 PM

how much?

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the Vice store in SoHo has been "taken over" by Uniqlo for the month of September as their introduction to the American market. Instead of their normal pieces, almost the entire store is stocked with Uniqlo products only. They have their non selvage and selvage jeans. The selvage jeans were not dry to the best of my memory and they were a whopping $59. :-) So, those of you who are looking for cheap selvage can find it there. Now hurry up and get it over with so I can have my Vice store back.

• 4 months later...
Quote:

can anyone pick me up a pair of 36's? I would def love to get a pair of these, they are so damn cheap....

--- Original message by kixslf on Jul 19, 2005 10:28 PM

MAKE THAT TWO PAIRS OF 36'S.

I will give you $10 for your trouble if you can find me a pair of 36's at least 34 long.

Make that two pairs and I'm sure Kix would throw you $10 as well for $20 bucks.

Quote: MAKE THAT TWO PAIRS OF 36'S.

I will give you $10 for your trouble if you can find me a pair of 36's at least 34 long.

Make that two pairs and I'm sure Kix would throw you $10 as well for $20 bucks.

I'm heading back to the mall tomorrow, I'll see what sizes they have. Do you care about the wash? Because, like I said, today all I saw were ones with a vintage type wash, definitely aren't raw or one-wash.

Quote: UNIQLO also offers a line of Japanese premium denim-from the same denim fabric mill used by many high-end denim brands-available for $39.50.

from Uniqlo american website

[url=" http://www.uniqlo-usa.com/"] <a href="http://www.uniqlo-usa.com/" target="_blank">http://www.uniqlo-usa.com/</a>

people wondered where they were produce in this thread so when i saw that, i thought you might be interested. they don't say where it's produced though.