Uniqlo Selvage

Biggow

I finally got around to posting in this thread. I have a pair, that I've been wearing since March. They're great, I love the fact that they barely faded after being washed so many times. My only regret is the fact that I didn't buy them in longer size. Oh well, since that they are so cheap, I'll guess that I'll pick up a longer pair when school rolls around.

should that translate into: the London store isn't selling them, or Uniqlo has ceased production of these jeans? i hope it's not the latter.

no idea re: production. Mine were half price when I got them. At the time it seemed like they were trying to get rid of the last of their stock

I hope they start making them/selling them again, I should have picked up a few pairs ...

whatsup TIP,

i go to the uniqlo stores (they opened up a new one in soho) quite often and they definitely do not have any raw selvage.

i talked to the manager who is japanese and when i told him that uniqlo used to make a raw selvage jean, his eyes lit up with a "you gotta be kidding me" look.

anyways, one thing that uniqlo is famous for in japan is listening to customer feedback.

maybe we could get a petition going and send it to the people in charge at uniqlo?

Ok, guys. I made an online petition. If you want Uniqlo to bring back the raw selvage jean, please sign it!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/uniqlo_raw/

I categorized it under "civil rights and minorities" because i think access to affordable raw selvage jeans is a civil right and we, as denim junkies, are a minority.

Anyways, it's worth a try, I bet they will listen to us!

• 3 months later...
hey,

anyone can ID the black pair of uniqlos featured in the lightning denim guide vol2.?

I just looked it up and it says "Slim Fit Straight Jeans." They come with middle weight denim, original rivets and black leather labels. They might be Kaihara denims, but might not be selvaged.

• 1 month later...

hmm I skimmed that thread and it didnt seem to cover any current jeans on sale.

Right now for men they have what looks like one rinsed straight cut normal and one rinsed straight cut narrow.

I have tried on the normal width and I found the waist to be much larger than shown size. Maybe 2 inches, ie a size 29 is 31 inches at least. And this is when new too, no stretching.

I dont think they have any selvage right now. correct me if I am wrong.

edit: I skimmed another thread and it said the waist fit exactly true when new, so I dont know what to make of that.

and they have in-store free hemming. I dont believe they do any other alternation though.

thanks for hte help. yes, i managed to go to the store today and they happened to have alot of raw denim. one of the people who work their said they're doing an inventory to see which kinds of sales should be out more and they have jeans that fit like 501's. i asked and they did say they custom hem it. i wished they alter the jeans for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

sorry for digging up the dead thread

ive had a pair of uniqlo s-002 for about 4 months now and they are fading really nicely. when did you guys do your first wash?

the only problem im having is with the combs repeatedly being reformed, but that is probably my fault for buying true to size.. they run about 2 size large

• 1 month later...

i am looking at a pair of uniqlo denim right now and it was one of the first runs from 2005. are these measurements right? its the green line selvage.

Tag Size: 31inch

Actual Measurements:

Waist: 31.9"(81cm)

Inseam: 36.2"(92cm)

Front Rise: 9.8"(25cm)

Leg Opening: 11.8"(30cm)

im mainly concerned about the leg opening. isnt that kinda big or was the original ones that wide? i can post some pics if you need them.