Five Favourite Cars

rome1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CL is probably the best all-around car I have personally driven.
I liked the last gen one more looks wise than this, it was a lot more elegant. it hasn't aged all too well whenever I see it on the street though :(.

The fact there's a chance Alfas will be built here when they come back to our market makes me very happy.

I agree, the old CL was classy as fuck. I remember when it had just come out and I was in Paris, and I saw niggaz rolling 4 heads up in that thing, that was class. Have wanted one ever since, and now that I can finally afford one of those old CL55's, they're kind of old lookin now. :( Even the S-class of the same generation looks fresher, because they did the clear lens projector light update on that car.

CL-classes never date well though, the old '80's SEC(?) in North American format looks terrible nowadays, the '90's W140 CL, those all look dated. The new one looks bruiser as fuck, especially with the huge brakes and shit, but it's not really an attractive car so much as it is just big and flashy.

BMW 850ci

down_8bmw850csi3_kl.jpg

Great technology, stupid car. It's an '80's car from the late '90's, and not in a good way, not like the E34 5'er, etc. The cockpit is terrible now and the lines were dated 10 years ago, maybe 15 years ago.

1-series? beautiful? i'll have whatever you're on.

Too lazy to go to the other thread on car design specifically, but I'm really finding the new BMW concept interesting. Not great looking in the normal, Aston or 60's Ferrari sense, but it definitely is something different.

bmw-vision-ed-4.jpg

bmw-vision-efficientdynamics-concept-3.jpg

This shit looks hella Raf FW09, I like it for some reason (probably that one).

1-series? beautiful? i'll have whatever you're on.

Too lazy to go to the other thread on car design specifically, but I'm really finding the new BMW concept interesting. Not great looking in the normal, Aston or 60's Ferrari sense, but it definitely is something different.

Uh, twin-turboed, 300hp, RWD, near 50:50 ratio, only 3252lbs? Beautiful. The body? Definitely can be called into question

ahhh. Yeah stat-wise it's great, but like every modern BMW it's still heavy for it's size. I want to try one though; tried my boss' 6-speed 335i coupe and it's deceptively fast, and a ton of fun. Makes me wonder if an M3 is really worth it; a chip job and an LSD for a 335 would probably net you a more well-rounded ride.

These need to come down in price, S54 sounds so, so good when uncorked...

tcrear.jpg

^ indeed a sick little ride, I've got a 1.8T Avant and I just can't imagine what it'd be like with 3X the power, braking, everything. I've seen a couple RS4 Avants in Tokyo, the sound of that car is so mean.

fuck,everyone's ridin round in a s500 now. shit's ill but always gets over saturated with rich boring white folk

I never understood this attitude...as if a car's merit and capabilities are somehow affected by other people that buy it.

Who cares who else drives it...if it works for you, buy it.

And is it even the S500 anymore? It's the S550 now, right?

I never understood this attitude...as if a car's merit and capabilities are somehow affected by other people that buy it.

Who cares who else drives it...if it works for you, buy it.

And is it even the S500 anymore? It's the S550 now, right?

Agree, and let's be real, old white people buying S classes ain't hurting no one...

speaking of benzes, the last e-class was a timeless design

rip frog eyes.

2008-mercedes-benz-e-class.jpg

My mom has one of these in the wagon form. This shit is a dime a dozen where I live, every other car is a silver E350. I like the fundamental design, but for me it's more worn out than a worn out 15 year old whore in the summertime. Plus they didn't have the build quality of the W210.

The CLS doesn't count, the CL is the CL, but the new E class coupe is supposed to be the new CLK. The only thing I can't get down with is that extra fixed window in the back, for being MB they surely could've come up with a better design solution? I think it looks like shit.