Five Favourite Cars

rome1

nissan makes the gtr for under a hundred

fuck that jazz

Totally

What makes Toyota think that people are going to buy this?

Honda shelved plans for a V10 NSX and RL/Legend...I don't think the economic climate is going to support this right now.

Toyota should focus on making affordable performance cars...back in the 1990s the lineup of Celica, MR2, and Supra was pretty strong.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally

What makes Toyota think that people are going to buy this?

Honda shelved plans for a V10 NSX and RL/Legend...I don't think the economic climate is going to support this right now.

Toyota should focus on making affordable performance cars...back in the 1990s the lineup of Celica, MR2, and Supra was pretty strong.

Would sir be interested in a modern take on the ae86 (by way of subaru)?

03-toyota-ft-86-concept-press.jpg

it ain't perfect, but it will be the most exciting thing in their lineup by far.

one of the coolest/most disgusting things I've ever seen is a young 20-something year old girl in Tokyo with a cell phone stuck to her face, driving a 993 GT2 like it was a Corolla or something.

There is this girl here that I see driving a white gallardo around all the time...she's still in high school.

Would sir be interested in a modern take on the ae86 (by way of subaru)?

Tough...I'm a Honda fanboy but they have recently declared that their focus will be hybrids and green cars. So I think I may be forced to look elsewhere, and that Toyota looks good.

Though, I'm not sure if it will have enough motor for me. I like high revvers, e.g. the S2000.

I like it...but I don't understand how it's worth $375,000. I just don't.

You can have a Ferrari for far less, and even a Lambo if you're a tasteless moron.

They took too long to develop it, and now I think it's going to be remembered as one of their biggest screw-ups.

Seriously, I cannot understand what's worth $375k. I'm not even sure it's worth half that much.

Guest umhaha84

^supposedly people who test drove (editors) this car are saying it's one of he best car they driven.

I cant afford ferraris, but I don't think people who can afford one would mind shelling out extra 50 grand to get what they want.

I just think the exterior design is just soul-less...

If I hear "soulless" one more time in reference to Japanese cars, I am gonna puke...it's such a trite, overdone term and really not applicable. I don't see how you can call the LF-A that, and it kinda sounds like typical Euro-car-beasting to me.

The car does indeed sound amazing...a NA small-block V8 revving to around 9k rpm...this is what the new NSX should have been.

But I am confounded as to why the engine is not behind the driver, and why the price tag is so high. Especially when a GT-R can be had for $80K.

If I hear "soulless" one more time in reference to Japanese cars, I am gonna puke...it's such a trite, overdone term and really not applicable. I don't see how you can call the LF-A that, and it kinda sounds like typical Euro-car-beasting to me.

The car does indeed sound amazing...a NA small-block V8 revving to around 9k rpm...this is what the new NSX should have been.

But I am confounded as to why the engine is not behind the driver, and why the price tag is so high. Especially when a GT-R can be had for $80K.

probably meant soul-less as in everything is electronically controlled. I have never driven one but I would imagine the Veyron would be pretty soul-less and that isn't japanese.

probably meant soul-less as in everything is electronically controlled.

How do you figure that? He was pretty clear about what he meant:

I just think the exterior design is just soul-less...

I have noticed that people with an "elevated" sense of taste/style are frequently bashing Japanese cars for being "soulless."

It's a conventional-wisdom thing...everyone says it but I do not think they even know what it means.

I have noticed that people with an "elevated" sense of taste/style are frequently bashing Japanese cars for being "soulless."

It's a conventional-wisdom thing...everyone says it but I do not think they even know what it means.

my honda cb750f sure as hell isn't soulless. i can understand when people call a car "soulless" but it's always pertaining to racing heritage, exhaust noise, and reliability.

apparently, lack of reliability means soulless. and boring.

grrr...a lot of japanese cars have some serious soul. rx7 for instance, bugeye wrxs, not to mention a lot of the classic 70s japanese cars are pretty sex.

im not really a fan of japanese cars in general but it boggles my mind why you would want to pay extraordinary amounts of money for them especially with so many other great options to be had. however i can appreciate the technology that goes into some of them, like the gtr for instance, but at this price point i would much rather own something else.

on another note, any opinions on this?

villa31600.jpg

^ gotta agree with rx7, not a fan of wrxs though lol

and toyota 2000 gt is pure sex. however current toyota designs are soul-less lol.

RSR's gonna eat me up

I agree with you on pretty much everything actually. I really really hate Toyotas and their styling and pretty much everything about them, but this new car is something different.

And my gawd, that new 911TT is incredible!