Five Favourite Cars

rome1

It's not a car I would think is actually enjoyable to drive. You know anybody who buys it just wants bragging rights.

if by enjoyable you mean luxurious, silent, with a cloudlike suspension, then no, it is not enjoyable to drive. the gt3 is a car fit for the race track, so it's loud, aggressive and drives hard. I would think this is an incredibly fun car to drive, as there isn't a myriad of electronics controlling my every move.

.If someone was to buy a porsche for "bragging rights" they would probably get a boxter or that nasty-ass panamera.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I had to have a French car on the list there. I wouldn't buy a Veyron even if I had the duckets because there are so many more desirable rides for the money, but you can't deny it's B.A.L.L.A. status.

791.png

97 993 Turbo. All day, every day.

I remember this exact car, back in 1997. Haha. East coast Autothority, I think that company had some real problems and then disappeared. I really liked this car though, black 993TT on black anodized Fikses. Really nice and preceded the whole Vader trend too.

Real favorite car, probably the 300SL cab. Maybe any one of the various Ferrari 250GT's, but I just really like the 300SL cab.

This one is a restomod, ballin, I would daily drive this.

engineering-quer.jpg

So much hypebeasting in here. The only one that seems to be a true meat-and-potatoes car fan is junglejane. Sad.

Dismalfuture's "list" is especially beasty. Cars are about the enjoyment you get from driving them - not what people think when you drive past.

My 10 all-time faves are listed below. I listed them based on what I would actually like to own, in a practical sense. Not a theoretical, "if I were a billionaire" sense. I like cars that can be driven hard and repaired relatively easily. Cars like the Veyron are for obscenely rich poseurs with no taste and no skill.

I also picked cars that would be readily available in my country of residence (USA). So that rules out machines like the E46 M3 CSL, unfortunately.

1. McLaren F1

2. Ferrari F40

3. Porsche GT3

4. Acura NSX

5. Acura Integra Type R (2000-2001)

6. E39 M5

7. Honda S2000

8. Porsche Cayman S

9. Nissan GT-R (any, really, but especially the new one)

10. Ferrari 599

Cars are about the enjoyment you get from driving them - not what people think when you drive past.

i like think of both. miatas are great to run laps in, but i'd never be caught dead in one.

i know the cars on ur list. and agree with most. but carrera gt > any porsche, cayman s is whack, e39 m5 no thanks. i personally don't like the mclaren f1:eek: the styling's bland.

So much hypebeasting in here. The only one that seems to be a true meat-and-potatoes car fan is junglejane. Sad.

Dismalfuture's "list" is especially beasty. Cars are about the enjoyment you get from driving them - not what people think when you drive past.

My 10 all-time faves are listed below. I listed them based on what I would actually like to own, in a practical sense. Not a theoretical, "if I were a billionaire" sense. I like cars that can be driven hard and repaired relatively easily. Cars like the Veyron are for obscenely rich poseurs with no taste and no skill.

I also picked cars that would be readily available in my country of residence (USA). So that rules out machines like the E46 M3 CSL, unfortunately.

1. McLaren F1

2. Ferrari F40

3. Porsche GT3

4. Acura NSX

5. Acura Integra Type R (2000-2001)

6. E39 M5

7. Honda S2000

8. Porsche Cayman S

9. Nissan GT-R (any, really, but especially the new one)

10. Ferrari 599

Wrong, unless you have unlimited amounts of money and live in the middle of nowhere with no intention of seeing other human beings, a car is also an inevitable status symbol and you buy them partly for cachet, which is also to enjoy. If you say you don't,you're lying. You can build supercar-slaying cars for under $50K and we can probably all agree the best engineering to value cars are made in Japan, but what kind of tasteful person would want to be seen in them? You drive an Integra Type R, an S2000, a GT-R around Tokyo, you are the Japanese equivalent of Iroc-Z white trash.

Favorite cars are subjective and change daily, especially if you like cars. I liked the E39 M5 when it was new, I don't really like it that much now. I could go out tomorrow and buy one easily for a bargain, but there are other cars I'd much rather own these days.

Your list is pure engineering, I can appreciate that, but frankly, it's boring as hell and predictable for a keyboard motorist. The 599 will not prove itself to be a memorable Ferrari, its styling will date easily as well. The GT-R is not exciting (I included it on my list because what else does Japan make but boring cars? Japanese people don't want them) The Cayman? Porsche diffusion, the modern 944, a Porsche volume car (MR flat 6 cars handle well for newbies, we get the point). The S2000? Good engineering, nice concept with the enlarged motorcycle engine in a RWD roadster, and only Honda can bring that to the table, but again, boring. The Type R, nice engineering, unworthy chassis, boring car. I built a pseudo B18C5 hybrid Civic before you were probably out of diapers from a leftover GSR block and a worked B16A head, it was fun to build but not the pinnacle of automotive excellence, not close. NSX, nice car in 1991, less so now, and underpowered. GT3, obviously a good car, but always a top 10 list finisher and not a #1 finisher. The F40 is still on some billionaire dream car status that you claim to disregard, you aren't gonna turn around and buy an F40 to drive the shit out of, so fuck off. Same with the F1.

you just beast over what japan was beasting over ten years ago. get your own opinions

i have really been feeling the gallardo cab.

gab.jpg

I have been feeling Gallardos lately too, I don't really know why. Nice combo of tangibles and intangibles and easy to live with, Lambo-wise. If I ever to the Temple of Jawnz to Azabu or Hiroo the Lambo will be included with the rent contract.

lol @ waffles.. I don't care what other peeps in j-land like..

muthafucka you are full of shit.

Challenge Stradale, yes. E39 M5, no, +points for you gfunkdocta. E39 M5 is dead in the water because of the recirculating ball steering, and despite what RSR thinks/fantasizes about, the S62 is NOT an easy engine to maintain/repair, it's one of the most precision built, high-tolerance engines built for the street, and it's a variable timed 32 valve V8 with ITB's, fuck off if you think that will be repair when shit hits the fan. BMW requires mechanics go through various courses and the S-series engines are for their master techs only, and even then, they are gonna bitch and moan when it comes time to rebuild something like an S62. It's easier to transplant with a rebuilt unit, that's the usual BMW service way.

if by enjoyable you mean luxurious, silent, with a cloudlike suspension, then no, it is not enjoyable to drive. the gt3 is a car fit for the race track, so it's loud, aggressive and drives hard. I would think this is an incredibly fun car to drive, as there isn't a myriad of electronics controlling my every move.

.If someone was to buy a porsche for "bragging rights" they would probably get a boxter or that nasty-ass panamera.

I was talking about the veyron lol. i just reread it and yeah, it sounds off.

the GT3 is awesome, much more agile compared to the turbo which is way too heavy. the faster you go in a RR, the better it handles. well, with porsches anyway.

Supras are fun... in a straight line but it's just so heavy and it translates into heavy steering feel and just overall weight transfer. I have a thing for miatas and it's still the slickest gearbox I've ever used.

I mean, every driver is different so every driver will like driving a different car.

Personally, I like lightweight cars like miatas and s2000s. I don't care as much about power as I do like handling which is why I could never like a supra or a veyron. When I see it, it just looks like a lumbering barge pushing through the air rather than cutting through it.

Remember, it's about the driver, not the car.

First bike, Honda CBR250RR

424212d4.jpg

Second bike, Honda CBR250RR

mycib.jpg

Third Bike, Yamaha R1

IMG_7806.jpg

Never owned a car.. But I reckon I'd have to go with a Subaru STI for my first. Especially if it looks anything like this concept:

GRID_Subaru_Impreza_STI_Concept.jpg