Ma·ri·jua·na

axtsang

Guest jeffvyain

as much as I'd like to just say "Fuck Image," as a professional and not a student, it isn't always that easy. employers judge; corporations judge. many companies require drug tests (albeit it's usually very easy to cheat the system) for employment. they do this because the stigma is not gone. i wish it were, but it's not.

as much as i'd like to say "well, fuck them," if joe schmoe down the street doesn't give a shit that i smoke and will hire me but mr. corporate america (who will pay me twice as much) does care and won't hire me because of it, i'm doing a disservice to myself if i am not being discreet about it. hell, i could buy a lot more weed with that money.

as for friends/people i associate with, sure, if they're going to give me shit, fuck them... but i don't really associate myself with people who judge like that. they usually don't like me because i shove it in their face (their BS, not the weed).

ppl cant say weed does anything super -bad to mess your brain up. thats bullshit.

sad thing is, i DIDNT smoke all through out high school, did bad and got expelled and then sent to an alternative school.

im trying to find a way to smoke before i go see pineapple express and now im fucked cause ppl came over and i cant hide it now. fuck.

Dino, I couldn't agree more. I think that the image associated with marijuana is pretty sad. I believe it's basically the only reason it's looked down upon. I think it's ridiculous that while marijuana is illegal, smoking regular cigarettes and drinking is not. They all seem on the same level. And, as you stated, nobody has died of a mj overdose, or something else that they could link to mj use. And i can't believe people still look down upon it even when the government is authorizing its use medically. I've heard that the cops in california have been told specifically not to go after small-time smokers, too. I feel like the only reason it is not completely legalized is from the uproar it would cause from those who are ignorant and believe the stereotypes that are output by many ignorant people who haven't had any experience with marijuana in their life. I think, as long as the person is smoking responsibly, it's completely fine. Almost all of my friends and i smoke marijuana, and it has never once interfered with anything, really. I wish people could just drop all of their past ignorant beliefs and stereotypes and realize marijuana is something that should be embraced. There would be so much better shit avalible to purchase so much easier.

Now I am pretty sure that whole California cops being told not to take down small smokers is bullshit. I know quite a few friends that have gotten tickets for possession of marijuana.

And everyone says that weed is not a gateway drug, now that i am not so certain of. believe me i smoke quite a bit and agree with most of you on most things, but people that have smoked weed are more likely to go and do drugs like ecstasy, shrooms, cocaine, etc. then a person that has never smoked. Once a person knows weed is safe they want to go out and try more types of drugs. Now by no means am i saying this is the way for everyone. I know people who only smoke weed and are against other drugs, but a large percentage of the marijuana users i know have either tried other drugs or want to try other drugs. people that i know that dont smoke weed do not want to do these other drugs.

im not saying that if you smoke weed you will shoot heroin, end of story.

all im saying is people that smoke weed are typically less scared to do more extreme drugs than weed.

i didn't smoke day of, but i had smoked a ton in the week leading up to it (while studying) and also scored a 4 :)

pretty sure I remember learning in my psych 101 class that you'll do better on your tests if you take them in the same mindset as you were in when you studied for them. (study high, you'll do better if you take the test high too)

any psych majors/professionals in here want to confrm?

problem is the government/media makes marijuana seem the same as cocaine or heroin. so kids smoke some weed and go, "this isn't a big deal" and then they get skied out of their minds or chase dragon all day.

julz DON'T go see pineapple express stoned. it fucks with your emotions... or maybe it's just me. but i saw superbad stoned and didn't like it-then saw it sober and laughed my ass off. i guess i just don't get dry humor when i'm high.

about all of this other marijuana and the imaging that is produced by the smoking of it:

i wouldn't say everyone has a "different" type of high, but i can say that putting on a clean image can be important depending on what road of life you wish to travel. for instance, tonight, i had an interview at a lounge-during that interview i spilled the beans about being a hippie/pothead and they didn't care... but i'm sure when i've graduated college and am looking for a job in child therapy parents aren't going to appreciate me being so open to smoking pot.

i think it's perfectly fine to keep the lifestyle underground from your professional life. i don't think it's fine to try to hide it from people you consider close enough to burp the abcs around and talk about who you had sex with last night.

does that make sense?

edit: skistar; as a proud flying colors passer of the ap psychology exam-your theory is correct.

Not seeing pineapple express stoned defeats the purpose of the movie.

i disagree. it was all about weed, yes... but it's not funny to me to watch other ppl high while i'm high, because we're all on the same stupid boat.

I'm getting high as hell tomorrow after my research methods in marketing exam and goin to see that shit

I watch all movies high, whether it be Harold and Kumar, The Dark Knight or The motherfuckin' Notebook

... and about the weed not being addictive thing. I find that when I smoke alot then run out or don't feel like blazing I get some dirty ass headaches that only a 'lil taste of that oooh weee can cure. Happen to anyone else?

after smoking heavily for months at a time, i look forward to time off. august is my off month. i've lost 4lbs, rekindled my relationship with mother and father, and can shoot my silly string anywhere from 10-15" further, depending on the time of day.

The motherfuckin' Notebook

that movie is up there on my list of most uncomfortable experiences of all time

ranks above "the time the French told me to go back to where I came from and pointed to a sewer"

and

right under "the time my suitemate told me he might have AIDS/wanted to kill himself"

as much as I'd like to just say "Fuck Image," as a professional and not a student, it isn't always that easy. employers judge; corporations judge. many companies require drug tests (albeit it's usually very easy to cheat the system) for employment. they do this because the stigma is not gone. i wish it were, but it's not.

as much as i'd like to say "well, fuck them," if joe schmoe down the street doesn't give a shit that i smoke and will hire me but mr. corporate america (who will pay me twice as much) does care and won't hire me because of it, i'm doing a disservice to myself if i am not being discreet about it. hell, i could buy a lot more weed with that money.

as for friends/people i associate with, sure, if they're going to give me shit, fuck them... but i don't really associate myself with people who judge like that. they usually don't like me because i shove it in their face (their BS, not the weed).

dood.. im just talking about friends. i dont expect to be friends with my boss.. of course you have to put on an act then, thats why they call it being professional.

problem is the government/media makes marijuana seem the same as cocaine or heroin. so kids smoke some weed and go, "this isn't a big deal" and then they get skied out of their minds or chase dragon all day.

pretty much..

labeled under schedule 1- along with pcp, x, acid, ghb, coke..

I watch all movies high, whether it be Harold and Kumar, The Dark Knight or The motherfuckin' Notebook

agreed.

whatever drug you do after weed is a gateway drug. i know a lot of people that never smoked anything in their life but they are doing coke dropping e and what not but yeah its just a statistic just like food is a gateway to obesity.....

oh and about the CA cops... i think its pretty true they are being lenient on weed but they have been cracking down on drunk driving hardcore 2 of my buddies got a DUI in less than 5 days apart and one of them had a pipe and weed and they didnt bust him on that... maybe they were just some cool cops.

Because I am still in high school and still live with my father I almost always smoke in public like a parking lot, park, etc. and I have never been confronted by a person unless being asked for a cigarette, a hit, or the time.

speaking from experience, id be really careful. I am a medicinal patient under prop 215 and stll had to go through some shit just to clear that up. Parking lots are the frst places cops look for such activities. Happy tokin!

and also

ITS NON FUCKING ADDICTIVE. bitches be calling that shit a gateway drug. Gateway drug my ass.

i think the main argument to the gateway discussion isnt that it makes you wanna try other stuff, but more that it places you in situations where you meet people who are into other drugs or other drugs are present since alot of dealers sell more than just weed

Weed was definitely a 'gateway' drug for me.

It made getting rolls, opium, coke, shrooms, etc. that much easier. However, it didn't make me any more inclined to do them. In fact, it's almost turned me off of all that stuff, besides shrooms.

And I just got back from Pineapple Express. That is a must-see-stoned movie.

lol. didnt get to see it tonight, plans got fucked up. but def going tomorrow night.

i will be smoking earlier in the day to be able to laugh at carnival things b/c thats where im going before and then if i have the chance, before i see the movie.

my friend and I just got an 1/8th. sorry for the shitty pic. we alrdy smoked a blunt of this shit yesterday, and it's good stuff... (also strawberry swishers smell oh-so-good)

aug6eigthry7.jpg

this is my half. anyway I can't decide whether to smoke a bowl before eating breakfast or...

Post-bowl waffles are one of God's greatest gifts to man.

I had bought at eighth and now I have to fly to socal. So I've been pretty much smoking non-stop for the past few days. :) But I'm still not through all of it. :( Well, that's why we have airtight jars.

I recently had to store some weed for a few days in this killer 105 degree heat and found that a water bottle with a couple drops of water on the side works wonders. The last couple bags I got weren't very great and were a little dried out for my taste but the drop of water or two got sucked up by the dry weed moistening it right up.

I wouldn't suggest overdoing it on the h2o or leaving it in there for more than a day or two or you'll start developing some mold but it's a great way to get away from the hashness of that overly dry bag

edit: gbc, that dog in your avatar is so epicly fat I can't help but just stare at it every post you make. Would have repped but apparently you've been too funny lately and I have to spread that shit around.