WH/BiG Preorders start now!!!

cheep

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wearing a pair of jeans isn't a game. It's not like the street wear scene game or the New Era fitted game, or even the leet Dunks game.

It's just denim.

wow....

I was just using it as a terminology, you didn't have to take it that seriously.

Maybe I don't understand what you mean by this.

I am strongly in favor of people just wearing their jeans and living their life; I have never understood why people say things like "those honeycombs are weaksauce" or "I don't carry anything in my front pockets cause I don't want to fuck up my whiskers". To me, trying to match some holy grail goes against the whole idea of having your jeans reflect how you live.

It doesn't really affect me; it takes me years to break a pair of jeans and I am not going to be winning any contest; I am more interested in the journey than the destination. But I either don't understand what you mean, or I don't agree with it.

* buys drinks for Cotton Duck and showbiz *

P.S., I agree with no public vote; I think someone with a lot of experience in the industry should do the judging.

thank you, for saying, properly, what i was thinking

preach on, brother! hallelujah!!!!!!

Maybe I don't understand what you mean by this.

I am strongly in favor of people just wearing their jeans and living their life; I have never understood why people say things like "those honeycombs are weaksauce" or "I don't carry anything in my front pockets cause I don't want to fuck up my whiskers". To me, trying to match some holy grail goes against the whole idea of having your jeans reflect how you live.

It doesn't really affect me; it takes me years to break a pair of jeans and I am not going to be winning any contest; I am more interested in the journey than the destination. But I either don't understand what you mean, or I don't agree with it.

* buys drinks for Cotton Duck and showbiz *

P.S., I agree with no public vote; I think someone with a lot of experience in the industry should do the judging.

On a completely different note, back when we were ordering, I just paypalled BiG the money with in the box my size and such. I never recieved an order confirmation or anything.

Assuming thatr all is good, just making sure...

same thing happend to me but i emailed them and they said it was received. so i'd assume that yur good to go

• 4 weeks later...

^funny thing is I'm really not that antsy at all, I'm sure I will be once they are here but can't wear them yet.

For now I really can't imagine wearing any other jeans than the ones I'm currently working on.

And while I really intend to compete, I won't have any problem if we only start in January or something, as I want to get more wear into my MFSC's.

I actually feel a bit sad that I won't be wearing them for a year....

Hmmmmm.....

agreed, looking forward to getting them, but have so many jeans already, i wont have to shop until 2017. ive never really looked at any pair as a 'project', i just enjoy different ones, at different times. some get a bit of wear, some hardly any wear or none at all...

it will be interesting to see how much wear these contest jeans get.

Ok I'm just going to gush here for a second.

I'm really excited about this contest. The idea of seeing 100+ pairs of the exact same jeans on 100+ different bodies really appeals to me. I love how raw denim conforms to the shape of your body. It's like an imprint. A fingerprint. The opportunity to see so many at once... I can't wait for the pics.

The contest element I don't really care about. I'm glad it won't be on a vote. I'd hate to have to be the guy that judged the "best" pair, though!

I'm psyched to wear a repro-ish pair of jeans. I'm too skinny for 501s and I've thought about doing a '66 cut for some time now, so I jumped at this chance. The price was right, and I don't really mind that you can buy an almost idential pair of warehouse 660 for the same price.

I am just finishing up on my APC NS, so I will be glad to put those through a machine wash and retire them to "weekend jeans" status. So the contest for me will mark the end of one pair and the beginning of something new.

Have fun.

^Yep, sorry to tell you but too late, but you try to get yourself on the reserve list I guess.

Something about that actually, I understood that there is quite a bit reserve list already, If I'm not mistaken Gordon originally intended to have a couple of extra pair incase people wanted to change sizes. Is that still an option or will all the extras go to the reserve people straight away?