Raf Simons S/S 08

Okay.. I dumbfucking love this collection. Raf nails it for me. The pieces, the colors, the cuts, the proportion.. oh! It just works for me. My eyes dig this shit.

So graphic. So sharp. I dunno, but the colors and the lines kinda reminds me of an art deco-slash-bauhaus advertisement.. Cheers.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a long time Raf Simons fan, I never really liked the runway pics of Raf Simons F/W 0708 other than the knits, but this is just very disappointing. It's not just about the wearability; I don't really see much coherent progress or image/motive/theme from these looks, unlike how Raf Simons always had. Some of the half-transparent white materials look interesting though.

who the fuck just said that this collection is 'graphic and sharp'?

it is amorphous and soft, it is foggy, billowing, it is anything but

graphic, and certainly not in any sense of the word sharp.

be more responsible with your adjectives.

raf has always used a mix of local antwerp guys and agency guys (9 daughters and a stereo, etc)...not sure what this mix is.

as for the collection, if you look into the raf archive this is not terribly inconsistent with what he's done in the past. his aesthetic sensibility does seem to shift disconcertingly every few seasons, but as always what you'll see on the racks is not going to be much of this runway shit anyway.

raf has said in the past that he likes to use subculture or theme as a starting point, but that he always has to make it "modern" so that it is not costume. this season's shit is kind of stupid though, i don't know.

raf has always used a mix of local antwerp guys and agency guys (9 daughters and a stereo, etc)...not sure what this mix is.

as for the collection, if you look into the raf archive this is not terribly inconsistent with what he's done in the past. his aesthetic sensibility does seem to shift disconcertingly every few seasons, but as always what you'll see on the racks is not going to be much of this runway shit anyway.

raf has said in the past that he likes to use subculture or theme as a starting point, but that he always has to make it "modern" so that it is not costume. this season's shit is kind of stupid though, i don't know.

Sharp observations all around. I, too, immediately wondered about the models, given the fact that Raf has always prided himself on using same guys (who were his buddies when he was younger) in his shows.

• 1 month later...

Well honestly, I have been on the fence about this collection but it is slowly starting to grow on me. Then, I saw these pics courtesy of someone over at TFS, and I love some of the fabrics.

For your enjoyment;

th_28939_raf024_Celebrity_City_FS_123_1173lo.jpg th_28630_raf021_Celebrity_City_FS_123_893lo.jpg th_29354_raf058_Celebrity_City_FS_123_611lo.jpg

th_29557_raf071_Celebrity_City_FS_123_1141lo.jpg th_30717_raf151_Celebrity_City_FS_123_489lo.jpg th_28549_raf002_Celebrity_City_FS_123_597lo.jpg

Also, the backpacks are a collaboration with EastPak I think.