My First Designer Manbag

kauflust

definatly wouldnt go over here in the states...definatly a european thing

first of all, it's "definitely."

second of all, there are people posting on this board that can pull off a man bag (state side)

go listen to j-hova some more, he'll be rocking one next year if it even takes that long

(thank you kanye...bleh)

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on another note now that you mention it, the dior homme duffle does look a lot gym-ly in black. I would go for a silver or gold one if you're buying dior homme, you can probably get a great quality black leather duffle for a lot less from other brands i would think.

i bid on a silver one at ebay ages ago, at the end the winning price is 1500 something. too much for me. the black one i got for 850 shipped...:D

i used to bid on a silver one at ebay, at the end the winning price is 1500 something. too much for me. the black one i got for 850 shipped...:D

Are you talking bout the FW05 ones?

I totally agree for the FW05 model that you need to get the flashier ones (gold, silver) as the style and model of the bag is too plain and alot of brands are doing that kinda models too.

But for the AW06 models, i prefer the black or brown ones, as they look better in plain, toned down colors as opposed to silver or gold. As the bag it self with all those pockets, zippers, tassle and clips itself is pretty eye catching already.

Are you talking bout the FW05 ones?

I totally agree for the FW05 model that you need to get the flashier ones (gold, silver) as the style and model of the bag is too plain and alot of brands are doing that kinda models too.

But for the AW06 models, i prefer the black or brown ones, as they look better in plain, toned down colors as opposed to silver or gold. As the bag it self with all those pockets, zippers, tassle and clips itself is pretty eye catching already.

yeah im talking about 05 ones..

• 2 weeks later...
i really want to grab DH silver duffel bag..

but i dunno if im brave enough to use it...:o

PE2_DIO01_MA_SP_BIG.jpg

see now that does scream homo.

all you need now is a bedazzled ed hardy shirt.

my rule is always wear something that 'pop out'. But keep it at the minimal side. For example, maybe a toned down basic slim black suit with a black shirt, a white sneak with this DH silver duffle. The duffle will give that extra 'spark' on your overall outfit.

You dont wear something like a napoleon jacket with a silver glittered jeans, and a gold cuban shoes with this bag. Those items are great, but you can only wear one at a time. My 2c.

A friend has the silver duffle. It's less shiny but more glittery than the pictures above. The straps are elastic and look like they have little bits of glitter in them. He bought it for the retail price in Paris, I have no idea why. I don't think he has ever carried it downtown, always says something about it not going with the outfit. Thing is, that shit is always gonna look out of place unless you're a fairy or one of the dudes from daft punk.

ok, so i was considering getting this filson tote bag to go with what i usually wear, my slim jims/(blk dukes coming), clean tshirt and a jacket, a m65/a cropped peacoat. What do you guys think about it? would it possibly work? im kinda feeling how that looks....however that idea is just my imagination....and we all know how far that can stretch XD, anyways im a college student and i like things that are kinda under the radar.

heres the look at the bag:

pFILSON1-2231589dt.jpgics/product_images/pFILSON1-2231589dt.jpg

ok, so i was considering getting this filson tote bag to go with what i usually wear, my slim jims/(blk dukes coming), clean tshirt and a jacket, a m65/a cropped peacoat. What do you guys think about it? would it possibly work? im kinda feeling how that looks....however that idea is just my imagination....and we all know how far that can stretch XD, anyways im a college student and i like things that are kinda under the radar.

heres the look at the bag:

pFILSON1-2231589dt.jpgics/product_images/pFILSON1-2231589dt.jpg

get that within a minute

Its ridiculously sad how some people are so insecure about their manhood. I personally think that our society's view of what a "real man" is, is so fucked up and distorted, but thats another issue...

Anyway, like anything else "the man bag" is only as good as the style of the one you rock. I don't have one, but I totally understand the function, but I basically have been wearing my shoulder bag or backpack every day since I was in middle school. I got way too much shit I keep with me on a daily basis not to.