My First Designer Manbag

kauflust

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm.. the miu miu bag looks pretty feminine imo (is it for women?). reminds me of a bag i bought for my gf. I think it's the slouchiness

Agreed. dior homme are bit of crossing the line. That miumiu is way beyond it. Just like the X strap tank top from diors ss07. No straight man should ever be spotted on the street wearing it!

Its ridiculously sad how some people are so insecure about their manhood. I personally think that our society's view of what a "real man" is, is so fucked up and distorted, but thats another issue...

Anyway, like anything else "the man bag" is only as good as the style of the one you rock. I don't have one, but I totally understand the function, but I basically have been wearing my shoulder bag or backpack every day since I was in middle school. I got way too much shit I keep with me on a daily basis not to.

ummm... i really hope you were not talking about me in the first part. my comment on the miu miu bag was based exclusively on my past experience with designer bags, that includes shopping for them for over a year and actually owning a few currently, plus I spent few months shopping for women's bags for my gf for her birthday/christmas present. Now from all that experience it seems (imho) that the particluar miu miu bag posted by seven.homme reminded me (in shape and some style aspects) of a Rebecca Minkoff bag I ended up buying for my significant other which she loves.

now carry on.

Got my manbag a couple of weeks ago...just wanted to share it to all you manbag loving guys out there...I actually liked it alot...You can just throw everything in the bag and you're all set...I'm always on the go so it's really perfect for me...

cross post from the waywt thread...

Dior Homme black nappa ribbed 'Jacket' pocket tote

jpbag.jpg

Got my manbag a couple of weeks ago...just wanted to share it to all you manbag loving guys out there...I actually liked it alot...You can just throw everything in the bag and you're all set...I'm always on the go so it's really perfect for me...

cross post from the waywt thread...

Dior Homme black nappa ribbed 'Jacket' pocket tote

jpbag.jpg

ahh..so it does look good...hmm

^^ That's gonna be so heavy if you stuff it like that. But I guess you need to do that in order to maintain the "shape"

You're right. But I just put it inside my car, and dont really carry it that much.

I guess the thing that makes it heavy is because of the placing of the clips or the handles. They are so pin point on one side that it makes carrying 2-3kg worth of stuffs feels ten fold after carrying it for 15 min.

what exactly are you referring to..?

Just an attitude amongst people I've met. Was not aimed at MiniW or anyone in this thread. There is definetly a difference between masculine and feminine styled bags, but I was talking about people who are not open to men carrying a bag at all.

iv got a dior suede mesenger from VoTC that is now fucked from me using it pretty much everyday but still love it sort of my summer bag. Then got a deville for winter being using itnow about 3months pretty pleased with it only downer on it and will point it out in lacquered's pic above you need to have a sweater in it for it to hold its shape which he obviously doesnt have so dont think it looks that good in his pic. i usualy chuck my mac incase it rains in it and that does the tric.

but its pleanty big enough to hold everything you need but small enough to use day to day

really i wanted a Florian Denicourt messenger but never found them on the Bay or any online store, never seen them in person the only other pics i could find to their own website ones is that insidertrading has got one damm, antyone know how much they retail for and anyone own one ??? any pics

also like stills white raf simons zip bag kinda wish i bought it when it was cheap in the supermarket

i think the dh duffle is shit, the quality is shit and so is the style and model.

you guys should just get some vintage military ones. Better and more original IMO. Theres a few nice ones from the French military. Im bettin the British, Germans or the Russian ones would be very unique, and are always what inspired the designers in the first place due to its historical values an essence.

just like the german military sneakers that inspired Hedi Slimane and Martin Margiela. They are selling for around 500+ when the orginal ones cost around 50 bucks. Bloody rip off.

i doubt you would find a decent looking vintage military one post some pics really would be intrested in a comparison, as for quality the leather is a soft buttury leather mine has not scratched after 3 months of abuse the hardwear is very good, the lining doesnt seem to be the best which i can fault but i havnt had any problems with it, but really i dont see where you are getting the quality is shit ?

personaly im not into the whole vintage thing, i dont go all out luxury where i dont need to. I use a bag pretty much everyday and i need one so i dont mind spending alot on a bag especialy when its black leather which fits in with most of my wardrobe its not like a bright red patent bag.

I understand what you mean by designers being influenced by the orginals but then designers like hedi will put a new aesthetic to it, i doubt you will find a vintage one which has that minimal couture look which dior products do

quality is shit, meaning that if i paid $80 for that dior bag, then its all good. but for $1k id expect something more, at least dont use a fuckin canvas for the lining inside.

just search around your vintage shops, theres tons of decent looking bag that looks better or at least on par to the dior bag. i doubt anyone would pay 1k if there wasnt a dior homme stamped on that bag.

Saw a guy with a Gucci slingbag the other day. Looked good. I reckon sling bags look really casual cool. I've been trying to get my father to use a proper man bag for YEARS but he still insists on using his bleeding fanny pack because if he gets a bag he'll "leave it somewhere and forget about it". Yeah, even the sling ones receive head shakes because it's "not comfortable". *cringe*

quality is shit, meaning that if i paid $80 for that dior bag, then its all good. but for $1k id expect something more, at least dont use a fuckin canvas for the lining inside.

just search around your vintage shops, theres tons of decent looking bag that looks better or at least on par to the dior bag. i doubt anyone would pay 1k if there wasnt a dior homme stamped on that bag.

one of the whole aspects about dior homme (and most of its products) is that it barely has dior homme stamped onto it you can only tell its dior if you look really close at the zipper pulls to be exact and if you know the brand well enough, people have commented on my bag saying its really nice something a bit different but not one person has been able to tell its dior or even that its expensive i dont by a bag because of its price i buy what ever for its design and aesthetic.