My First Designer Manbag

kauflust

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a guy, why do you need such a bag?

Women have purses and bags to carry around makeup, large wallets, random crap(always tons of that), tampons/pads, phone(does not fit in tight ass jeans), water and snacks and shit.. if you are a guy and have crap to carry around like that.. you are officialy a pussy in my book, or are you just purchasing it for the look? in that case you are not a man in that you want to carry something extra. purse shaped for that matter.

but thats just my 2 cents...

Women have purses and bags to carry around makeup, large wallets, random crap(always tons of that), tampons/pads, phone(does not fit in tight ass jeans), water and snacks and shit.. if you are a guy and have crap to carry around like that.. you are officialy a pussy in my book, or are you just purchasing it for the look? in that case you are not a man in that you want to carry something extra. purse shaped for that matter.

And you're on a fashion message board?

Anyway, I like 'em. Although as stated, there are tons to choose from with a lot of them having different uses and looks. I really like the Jas Mb traveller bags, something like a carry all, that I can take on long weekend trips and not have to carry some suitcase. Another item I think would be quite useful (atleast for myself) is a portfolio case/carry, I think Mulberry makes a nice one and it doesn't hurt to have that extra professionalism 'look'.

Mulberry portfolio

mulberryfolio.jpg

Speaking of jas mb.

my barneys had all jas mb products @ 50% off.

I was going to pick up a leather bag but it was way too small...

They also have a diffusion line called "jas mb for students" or something.

if you don't have shit to carry around, then you're officially a bum that doesn't have

shit going on in his life, in my book. unless you're one of those dudes that likes walking around with bulging pockets for that "i'm only 12 years old" look.

is it really a question of "what do you need it for?" doesn't everyone have shit to tote around every once in awhile?

i need a place for my mp3 player and phone, which i don't put in my pockets. i need a place for a few pens and a notebook. i need a place for a pack of fucking gum, and if i'm bringing lunch to work, i need a place for that. if i've got a book to read or a magazine or if i plan on picking up some books or magazines, i prefer sticking them in my bag. the tees i'm selling? in my bag until i can make it over to mail them out.

business cards? party fliers? chopped up kids? in my bag. drugs? in my bag.

your girlfriend's phone number? in my bag. your girlfriend? in. my. bag.

Mulberry makes a nice one and it doesn't hurt to have that extra professionalism 'look'.

Mulberry portfolio

mulberryfolio.jpg

love that kind of shit. last time I was in paris i saw at least a couple different awesome looking old dudes with really beat up louis vuitton portfolios on rue de seine. looked like this but not so new portfoli_jp50red.jpg too bad it'd be so affected here. i use a vuitton men's clutch inside a northface backpack.

if you live in the suburbs you really do not need to waste money on a man bag. i have a few that will be untouched until I move to NYC in a few weeks. get a nice one, no heavy logos or anything, make sure its durable and if it gets people's attention in a good way then that's just a plus

bags are seriously necessary in the city (esp. in the summer) when you are wearing nice clothes and don't want buldges in your dior jeans from cell phones and fat wallets.

Sure you can boycott the manbag and wear cargo shorts like a frat boy but I would rather carry something sophisticated and whatnot. it's easy to rip on them if you don't need one but if you don't know about them then no one's talking to you anyways... (theearsonist)

^^^p.s. small bags are not necc. gay but diesel is often gay so spend wisely

i love manbags...i mean it's NOT gay if it's functional...meaning you are using it because you NEED it NOT because it's a fashion accessory...of course it is nice to have something where you can put your shit into (ipod, cel, gum, sanitizer (especially if you're taking public transpo...i'm kind of OC), pen, wallet (if you're wearing tight dior jeans), keys, etc, etc)...

if you live in the suburbs you really do not need to waste money on a man bag.

i be staying in the suburbs now and i couldnt live without my backpack..

car keys, suboxone, i-pod, cd's for the car, scribe, streaks, wallet, bike lock, condoms, mouth wash, probation papers, coins, my hat, junior my pet snake, etc....

i be staying in the suburbs now and i couldnt live without my backpack..

car keys, suboxone, i-pod, cd's for the car, scribe, streaks, wallet, bike lock, condoms, mouth wash, probation papers, coins, my hat, junior my pet snake, etc....

well backpack and manbag are essestially the same functionally. the question is would you be wanting to wear a backpack when you are walking the streets in the city while wearing a suit ? (you'd look like a mormon or a HS kid). in the suburbs that's fine as you are either riding a bike or just tossing the backpack into your car when you drive somewhere (as I do often). Backpacks definitely have their place, but I think in the city it would look kinda of childish to use a backpack if you are over 25 and going to meetings or something. just my opinion...

edit: sorry there was no where in my post where I could've casually drifted into listing the useless crap I would carry in one of those things.

Are those small messenger bags considered gay? I saw an absolutely great diesel one today so I might buy it tomorrow.

Fuck I seriously hate most everything Diesel puts out, but I saw that messenger bag at the Diesel spot in Pasadena and it is pretty great. The all black ballistic nylon one, right? Beefy metal buckles, a million pockets of various sizes. The only thing that bothers me is that leather patch embosed with Diesel and the subtle Diesel print on the shoulder strap. As soon as I saw it I was thinking of ways to un-brand it.

Fuck I seriously hate most everything Diesel puts out, but I saw that messenger bag at the Diesel spot in Pasadena and it is pretty great. The all black ballistic nylon one, right? Beefy metal buckles, a million pockets of various sizes. The only thing that bothers me is that leather patch embosed with Diesel and the subtle Diesel print on the shoulder strap. As soon as I saw it I was thinking of ways to un-brand it.

Oh yes, I think we're talking about the same bag here :) . It is quite manly looking as its black and looks functional, I don't mined the Diesel logo and stuff, the brand isn't really considered gay in the UK :D I might just buy it tomorrow, if they have more than the one on display, i hate buying the display products :mad: