IMG_9472.jpg

Pecan pie....still the best

IMG_9477.jpg

And the unfortunate kitchen...

IMG_9480.jpg

IMG_9481.jpg

IMG_9482.jpg

IMG_9483.jpg

The table after about 30 people getting multiple rounds and getting full...hardly made a dent! :o

IMG_9484.jpg

I can't see my feet! Or the jeans...

IMG_9486.jpg

So that was my thanksgiving....hope you all had as filling a dinner as I with the company of family and friends...And for all you non-American's, the same goes for you! I'll be working the stores all day tomorrow but won't be spending any money...it's officially Christmas season, get your wallets on!

:cool:

Day 22-23 Combo

Been so busy with work, family and girlfriend that I didn't have time for anything too crazy...so I decided to combine the two past days in one post...

Black Friday

Woke up for work and thought I'd have to beat a lot of traffic

IMG_9488.jpg

IMG_9489.jpg

IMG_9494.jpg

When I pulled up to the mall I wasn't sure what to expect but it was filling up already

IMG_9496.jpg

a sea of cars...this is towards the rear of the parking lot

IMG_9500.jpg

It was a long day but I met up with the family to have dinner at...Mitchell's Fish Market (again...)

IMG_9505.jpg

getting that clam chowder...I think it went bad...

IMG_9506.jpg

IMG_9507.jpg

some flakey fish

IMG_9508.jpg

Day 23 Final

Switched cars (and pants temporarily for work...4hrs.) on Saturday

IMG_9512.jpg

After work it was already night time!

IMG_9518.jpg

Luckily I went to my girlfriends to eat her mom's cooking...amazing tofu, watercress and fried rice...

IMG_9519.jpg

Best tofu cook...seriously I've never had any better...the secret is to marinate the chicken in egg whites and buy the right tofu...

IMG_9521.jpg

I ate this whole bowl of fried rice...can't really tell the size in this pic though

IMG_9523.jpg

little balls filled with chopped up shrimp, random fish and vegetables

IMG_9524.jpg

Another secret to the deliciousness of the cooking is this custom built Wok/stove instead of your regular oventop...I need one of these!

IMG_9529.jpg

Played a small show for the gf

IMG_9528.jpg

After dinner (fully stuffed) we went to the movies to see Precious as my gf was a fan of the book "Push"...

IMG_9530.jpg

IMG_9531.jpg

And that was my past two days...went by in a flash! My run is coming to its close soon...any word on who should be next in line? I think jimmyc should be allowed to finish up his run for December as I recall almostfamous wanted to finish up the Full Count contest?

Day 26

Apologies for missing a day...didn't expect to be this busy lately....Anyways I only have 4 days left! Crazy how fast it went by...

Today I decided to check out some of historical Canton (my hometown, ranked 20th safest place in the US to live lol)

When I went outside I was welcomed by a scene straight from a Hitchcock film...

IMG_9540.jpg

There's a few old schoolhouses scattered throughout the metro detroit area...this one in particular has been transformed into a small historical museum

IMG_9541.jpg

dates from about the 1880's

IMG_9542.jpg

IMG_9543.jpg

Some pretty interesting displays throughout, including this month's theme, War Veteran's

IMG_9546.jpg

Canton is an old farming community

IMG_9547.jpg

IMG_9548.jpg

Some clothinz

IMG_9549.jpg

Not your typical sufu boot...

IMG_9551.jpg

...or belt buckle

IMG_9552.jpg

Day 26 contd

old stuffs

IMG_9553.jpg

IMG_9558.jpg

A supposed collection of things donated for war materials...don't melt down my rivets/use up my arc threads please!

IMG_9561.jpg

more circa WWII items

IMG_9565.jpg

The museum also displayed some before and after shots of local shops/locations...funny how a lot of victorian era etc. buildings are now occupied by CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens...but I guess thats better than Wal-Mart?

IMG_9566.jpg

It seems Canton was a pretty happenin' place

IMG_9567.jpg

Thats my shadow and not one of a ghost from the past...

IMG_9573.jpg

IMG_9574.jpg

Saw these funny covered tree guys on my way to Cherry Hill Village...

IMG_9576.jpg

A really crazy wooden playscape in Heritage Park that I basically grew up in...the best part was the zip glider

IMG_9578.jpg

Day 26 contd

Heritage park used to house some steep hills that I'd sled down as a child...they have since bulldozed said hills to build this "water park" that sprays water all over children during the summer time

IMG_9580.jpg

Remember the before and after picture of that Inn? In the flesh...err...in the wood...?

IMG_9581.jpg

Redefining "old school"...

IMG_9583.jpg

...as in, "yo, dats some hundred year old school shit..."

IMG_9584.jpg

This is the theater area of the newly built Cherry Hill Village...a freaky reinterpretation of the old Canton, but its really built in the middle of nowhere/old farm land. Don't be fooled, the main area of Canton is still Ikea

IMG_9585.jpg

It's hard to build a whole new area and label it as the heart of Canton when your flagship store is a Coldstone Creamery...

IMG_9590.jpg

The theater up close

IMG_9593.jpg

I've never actually been inside though

IMG_9594.jpg

IMG_9596.jpg

IMG_9597.jpg

Day 26 final

IMG_9598.jpg

The heart of Cherry Hill village is really the "village" itself...these houses are actually pretty nice inside despite the freaky Pleasantville nature of it all...

IMG_9601.jpg

I always see these old barns throughout the area...always makes me want to go "carpe denim" on everyone and search these old barns for old denimz....alas, not my property, I'd probably get shot, and this isn't the Frontier west...

IMG_9602.jpg

IMG_9604.jpg

The old farms

IMG_9606.jpg

Later in the day I went to some Chinese language lessons...the moon was shining in my favor

IMG_9610.jpg

Changed shirts because it got cold out

IMG_9611.jpg

Afterwards I got some Wendy's...the usual 2 Chicken sandwiches, small chili and large fries...thank you dollar menu! $5.79 total

IMG_9614.jpg

IMG_9615.jpg

This is what my parents ate....+rep for those that can guess what it is lol

IMG_9618.jpg

4 more days! At least until I find out who to send these off to next...

Day 27

Rainy/dreary day...didn't get to go outside regardless...appreciating the Gold Toe socks lol

IMG_9637.jpg

sufu and Bruce Lee...what more could one need on a rainy day?

IMG_9639.jpg

More fit pics as I don't really remember doing any?

IMG_9644p.jpg

IMG_9645p.jpg

Did some vacuuming afterwards and picked up a little dust

IMG_9647.jpg

I don't mind this type of weather actually

IMG_9648.jpg

jumped some rope trying to get back in shape for some boxing classes

IMG_9653.jpg

IMG_9651.jpg

IMG_9652.jpg

Day 27 contd

more sitting around

IMG_9654.jpg

For dinner we just had Broaster's Chicken...

IMG_9655.jpg

Might seem strange but I always eat rice with chicken...especially good with some KFC

IMG_9656.jpg

Going to be working the next few days so not sure if I'll get any good wear on the jeans :o

yum, pork blood!

reminds me of a polish dish my mom always talks about, czernina (Duck's blood soup)

and, my friend's family does the same with their chicken, his dad got mad that he didnt make rice for us when we got KFC once haha

Day 28

As predicted, a slow day for the jeans...only wore them a few hours today but there was one thing of note...FIRST SNOW of the winter season!

IMG_9675.jpg

It didn't really accumulate...melted as it hit the ground

IMG_9679.jpg

IMG_9681.jpg

Good night everyone!

IMG_9683-1.jpg

Should be a more active day tomorrow...

Day 29

Always the glutton...went to meet my girlfriend who is in town this weekend at Ajishin, one of the better Japanese restaurants in Michigan (some argue in the US...). Their udon is on par with many places in Japan and they could probably hold their own when it came down to it (and it's not korean owned! lol)...Only problem is you should expect to wait about an hour long if you come here on a busy weeknight...

One side of the menu

IMG_9686.jpg

ooops! my crotch

IMG_9687.jpg

oh baby

IMG_9688.jpg

this dish is called gojuu no tou

IMG_9689.jpg

basically a stack of deliciousness

IMG_9692.jpg

I ordered the "kiyomizu", named after kiyomizudera, which I actually lived about 5 minutes away in kyoto...Wish I had the jeans back then lol...All of their udon dishes are named after famous locales

IMG_9693.jpg

I also ordered curry because I had a long day at work without eating much

IMG_9696.jpg

My full meal...the salad dressing is sooooo good...must be the finely chopped onions that makes it so refreshing

IMG_9697.jpg

What can I say? I was hungry...and btw, you can't tell from the pics but these are huge plates

IMG_9699.jpg

Ajishin is located nearby my favorite Japanese pastry shop, Hippo, which has been documented in the Dior tour thread...If you are a Chicago native, they sell the Novi made Hippo breads in the bakery at Mitsuwa

IMG_9702.jpg

Tomorrow will be...a PICTURE EXTRAVAGANZA!!!! Going to a crafts fair with my girlfriend in Detroit, which gives me plenty of time to introduce you all to a place I hardly know at all lol