Why do you/don't you post your face on the internets???

Do you care about your face on the internets for everyone to see?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about your face on the internets for everyone to see?

• yay
    • nay

What the title says.

I'm curious since there seem to be an equal amount of people who do and don't on here.

I've always been a bit wary of it as I've come to known the internet (and especially forums) as quite an evil place. People can grab images whenever they like and who knows where they end up.

On myspace, flickr, blogs etc I always have the highest privacy setting on since I don't want people I don't know snooping through my pictures.

On the other hand I've had my face on the internet and in print lots of times but none of them were photo's by me or felt personal for me, so I guess that's why I'm not that freaked out about those.

Since I've started posting in waywt I have this thing that maybe I shouldn't blur out my face anymore since the pics just look better without imho. I sort of trust Sufu enough to maybe do this, but still it's the internet and it's not only the registered users that would be seeing my face.

Hmmmm? Curious to hear people's opinions on this.

I don't really mind, but I guess since the vast amounts of lurkers I'm a little more conscious of the fact anyone could be seeing my pictures.

Doesn't really matter, considering I have a myspace :/

Plus, the snowflake is a testament to my white-girl-status, apparently.

I don't post my face to avoid being found and having to deal with all those child alimony trials, either that or it's easier to hold the camera that way...

I couldn't care less... I've never really tried to protect any of my data on the internet (except bank account statements, bank acc numbers, pin numbers, visa, etc. ;) ).

Then again it seems that this is pretty common amongst most web designers/developers, most of us really don't seem to care about privacy on the internet.

With that said, I've used a black frame over my eyes recently because I looked like crap and was too lazy to do double-take.

VS wont ever come on here so for me its just a matter of getting a digital camera...after i get my chest piece later this week ima save up for one...ill still block my eyes though ha ha

I couldn't care less... I've never really tried to protect any of my data on the internet (except bank account statements, bank acc numbers, pin numbers, visa, etc. ;) ).

Then again it seems that this is pretty common amongst most web designers/developers, most of us really don't seem to care about privacy on the internet.

With that said, I've used a black frame over my eyes recently because I looked like crap and was too lazy to do double-take.

I've never posted pics here and up until recently I thought it was cuz I was happy enough with my self image that I didn't need anyone else's approval, but Supertalk and its users are changing fast and now I'm begining to think I either lack that sort of confidence and/or simply don't want to draw that sort of attention to myself. Probably overthinking it. That wouldn't be anything new.

(reads like a superconfession)

This is the way I see it: I walk around outside in the world everyday going about my business and hundreds of people have the opportunity to look at me. I also look at other people, for many reasons.... to see how different people look, how different people dress, and how different people move..... I don't talk or interact with any of them. I am a painfully shy and ridiculously quiet person, and end up keeping to myself a lot of the time (sounds pathetic and lonely, I know... sometimes it is). However, it doesn't seem strange to me that people I don't know well (or don't know at all) know what my face looks like.

The way I behave on the internet is pretty much the same as the way I behave in real life.....

Also, except for the (hopefully only) occasional crime against fashion, the pics I post don't place me amidst any sort of illegal or iniquitous activities.... so I don't fear any severe consequences nor do I have anything of which to be ashamed....

Finally, I think putting some sort of post-processed obstruction over my face would make the pic look bad... that is merely a matter of personal preference/aesthetics... I like to see the full picture.....

I walk around outside in the world everyday going about my business and hundreds of people have the opportunity to look at me.

I agree, however on the streets people can take one glimpse at you and the next moment you're gone already, but the pics on here, people can save, copy, edit as much as they like. And not always with the right intentions. This is the part that bothers me, when someone on the street wants to take a picture of me I'm generally also not okay with it, since once the picture is taken you have no more control over it.

I am however in no way insecure about the way I look or dress nor do I think that I am "important", "special" or "weird" enough for people to do something with/make fun of my pictures. But you never know, I guess the "Guido's" or whatever they are called didn't put their pics online to be made fun of by the rest of the internet.

I guess I'm just being paranoid and over protective of my face...

Finally, I think putting some sort of post-processed obstruction over my face would make the pic look bad... that is merely a matter of personal preference/aesthetics... I like to see the full picture.....

This exactly the reason why I consider not blurring my pics anymore.

i post maybe once a week tops.

how many people actually remember my face from my waywt?

...exactly!

You're the guy with the mustache and the tight pants, right? I have near photographic memory.

I think someones facial features can ultimately determine whether or not their style/fits suit them - no big deal really though.

Also doubt that many Sydney siders besides the handful of registered users frequent this site - especialy waywt.... although I could be wrong. I find it hard to think that someoneone could regularly lurk on this site and not be urged to contribute!

Yep, Bizzy summed it up nicely. I'd just like to add, as a student, there's the whole Myspace/Facebook thing, so pictures of me were already online. I have some on my personal website too, but seeing as how they're never anything illegal or shameful (well...), I'm not too concerned. And as has been said by a few people already, in my opinion it detracts from the picture when there's an artificial face-block or something.