TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

i have already turned down almost guaranteed sex this saturday because if i go out i will probably fail university

does this mean matt wont be here on the weekend?

sean_, you fail superfuture if you dont get fucked up on saturday and bumsex clopek.

What's a good fancy restaurant to bring a date to in Toronto? I was looking into the Crystal 5 in the ROM museum thing but their menu is daily and i'm affraid the day we go it'll be something too funky. Nothing supperclubby but loungy would be cool. Price isn't too much of an issue either.

i heard food was good at crystal 5. .

go to the distillery district. everything there is pretty good.

or around front street and king street, jamie kennedy wine bar, some french fusion places, foundation room (mediterranian motifs), or this mod-russian vodka bar called pravda.

or walk along college street in lil italy.

oh this other italian place on queen st. called one of a kind, also good food.

lots of options..

Congee Queen...you wont be disspointed.. The best joint is up in thornhill.. Easily the best service ive had from any restaurant, within 2 mins i had my table, your menu is basically a binder (over 50 dishes).

your menu is basically a binder (over 50 dishes).

This, to me, has always been the sign of a terrible restaurant.

You could go to Sass and get served by NESK, as an added bonus, it's also a sick restauarant.

Check out "Blowfish" for Japanese food, really really good.

Going to run you some money though...

Edit: clopek, sorry dude, sorry. I didn't take my phone out.

Don't kill me, or sex me.

I hear what you're saying.. But the menu is worth looking at.. I was overwhelmed at how many choices you had to choose from.. Not to mention the excellent prices for each dish.. 7.75 for a big ass plate of food..

and seriously, if you're into asian gourmet, you wont be dissapointed one bit..

im looking at all the options at http://www.dine.to there is quite a lot. North44 was mentionned and i found it on there along with most of the other ones u all mentionned.

ichigo, u've got a lot to learn

places named congee queen or dessert lady are the last things that come to mind when recommending a place for our tourists

it might be good grub though for lunch durin a school day

but, we talkin $30 and up plates for "a good, fancy restaurant to take a date"

gfunk.. i wasnt reccomending dessert lady to the dude lol

i was referring to Suba's inquiry about the ice cream stuff..

And why spend 30 dollars on one meal when you can buy 3 meals for less than that and get more than what you paid for?

If anything i'm giving the guy a better deal, congee queen is a very elegant restaurant(considered the best asian gourment restaurant in Toronto)..Seriously, If you havent stepped foot into the place then you can't say its just for a lunch in.. This isnt like sunrise or some shit like that

ichigo, u've got a lot to learn

places named congee queen or dessert lady are the last things that come to mind when recommending a place for our tourists

it might be good grub though for lunch durin a school day

but, we talkin $30 and up plates for "a good, fancy restaurant to take a date"

u got it :)

ahaha..

well its whatever, this is a suggestion that i thought would be a great choice if you're looking for something elegant yet affordable..But it's all good ..Guess id better start takin more notes

But since you want "pricey" then head up to Europa in Sauga if you're looking for a romantic/expensive restaurant.. Dress code is strict.. Or Little anthony's..(some of the finest italian shit you'll find)

But since you want "pricey" then head up to Europa in Sauga if you're looking for a romantic/expensive restaurant.. Dress code is strict.. Or Little anthony's..(some of the finest italian shit you'll find)

You need to get a serious clue.

A few places I would reccomend :

Amuse Bouche - King & Tecumseth - traditonal french, small, quiet romantic.

The Rosebud - Queen & Bathurst - french style, small, quiet, romantic.

both of these places are good if you are serious and want to do something romantic, they arent crazy expensive but still both good choices.

North 44 is one of the best stand bys in the city but Its boring and oyu shouldnt take a first date to one of the most expensive places in the city no matter how much cash youve got- looks like your trying too hard.

If you want something more fun I would agree with Hali on the Blowfish rec.

Brassaii is a good boisterous bistro

Also a new and fairly new place doing really interesting things that would both be impressive and enjoyable

Lucien on wellington and Colbourne Lane on colbourne

I said i didn't want to hit up a supper club, but Ultra Supper Club seems like a good choice. It has a nice balance of design, good menu and decent prices. Also, i'll be going in the early evening so it should still be quiet. http://www.dine.to/ultrasupperclub

Habitat also looks interesting: http://www.dine.to/habitat

hey any foodies here who know the name of that dessert place downtown that serves lilac flavored ice cream made with dry ice for 40 a bowl.. what is it called??

i know its pretentious but indulge me.

the place is called king of Kensington ice cream....the corner of queen and Palmerston. a minute walk from my house and my go to place for after dinner treats. The lilac is the best flavor....however the pumpkin pecan was worth checking out.

the guy who owns it is the nicest guy ever, he is the happiest ice cream man around.