TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

I'll be in Toronto for 2 days next week. Any decent restaurants around Inner Harbor?

we have a harbour???

j/k...everything near the harbourfront is tourist-y...just north of that is the business district which is pricey...then you can head west from there down king or queen street for trendy....or north to yorkville for both pricey & trendy.

Reasonable - Terroni; Czehoski

Expensive - Susur; Far Niente

Lots of advice on Toronto.com and Torontolife.com

Inner Harbor? haha never heard that term before.

What price range you going for? Most of the good restaurants in Toronto are located within a $10 cab ride, or a 20 minute subway/street car ride.

I'm not really crazy about any of the King street restaurants that I've tried, although I have had good meals at KiWe (king west kitchen). Xacutti probably my favourite retaurant in the city, though it's a little ways a way from the lake, maybe ten-fifteen dollar cab or something depending on where you are coming from. It's a Indian-fusion restaurant. A little more pricey, with mains being around $30ish.

Kei, a Malaysian restaurant I mentioned a couple pages back is a great choice for a reasonably priced high quality meal. Mains start at like 16 and go to maybe 23, other than the specials. Good selection of beers from South East Asia (I know you've spent a lot of time there England), and interesting cocktails/martinis. It's at Queen West and Shaw. I'd recommend it to you, especially.

we have a harbour???

j/k...everything near the harbourfront is tourist-y...just north of that is the business district which is pricey...then you can head west from there down king or queen street for trendy....or north to yorkville for both pricey & trendy.

Reasonable - Terroni; Czehoski

Expensive - Susur; Far Niente

Lots of advice on Toronto.com and Torontolife.com

Ha hah. That's what Mapquest calls the harbor around where I'm staying. I don't know shit about Toronto.......:P

Malaysian place sounds pretty nice. I'd probably be into that. Thanks for all the recommendations gents. Unfortunately, I won't have much time to wander off, or a car, so getting to places away from that area may be a stretch.

Yeah, I live on the water, King is only like a ten minute walk.

KiWe (king west kitchen) is good, also within walking distance is: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=toronto+bistro+wellington+west&ie=UTF8&ll=43.644197,-79.395983&spn=0.007748,0.019913&z=16&iwloc=A&om=1

If you want good Japanese, Asuka in Yorkville is really good and also cheap, but it's pretty far.

Ho Su on Queen (maybe fifteen/twenty minute walk from the harbour) is cheap and pretty decent for japanese food, however, their sushi chef is korean.

mapquest roughly where you're gonna be, and I can probably find a decent place, as I live in the area.

WTF ARE HEYZEUS LE SAVIOUR?

ya.

Oh wait, no, Toronto just filled in like three hundred meters of the lake to build the waterfront so I'm living on garbage and water mostly.

yo hal,

how much did ur crib cost? Like whats the average price range? Im tryna save up some cash, buy my own condo or somethin in a couple years..

I rent baby. Ain't no student be buying no condo.

Hocus, im 20..(guess thats still young).. Im attending George Brown next year.,Its my second venture into post secondary.. This time for business marketing..

The only reason why i was curious was because after i had completed all of my studies and found a pretty legitimate job in the business world, I planned to purchase a condo for myself..

For now of course ill be livin with my parents until im like at least 24-25..But im thinkin of future plans so im doing lots of investments while im still under the rent's roof

Ok, so I'll kidnap diamonds on my way up to Toronto. But, no asian girl fetish...I will stick with the honkey bitches. Canada is ideal for this, yes?

University of Western Ontario = 40% corny white chicks, 40% corny white boys. 20% everyone else.