TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

So many bright coloured, pop'd collars at 751 last night. I almost trampled a little asian girl trying to fight one.

And.. whose eaten at Poutini's? We ended up there but I was too far gone to even try eating.

Anyone bike around Toronto?

Me and my buddy (2 more are in the process of getting bikes) ride around downtown on the weekends Go to places that serve good food and good beer.

Anyone have place recommendations? Preferably with weekend atmosphere, patio, micro-beers. (Last few times we went to Ronnie's, Caplansky's, Diplomatico)

Also, if this sounds appealing to anyone let's expand the crew. PM me or get at me facebook.com/extrAndrew or @extrAndrew

yeah i need to get a pair of boots resoled, i'll look into it. how pricey are we talking?

I managed to wear a hole in the bottom of a pair of w + h service boots and the guy repaired the hole, put a new leather sole on, repaired damage I'd done to the heel and vibramed them for $80. Just re-heeling them would've run around $25 I believe.

not relevant but i finally found a competent place for shoe repair if anyone was looking.

nick's on dupont at st. george. not cheap but the quality for the price was excellent.

good to know for when my roy boots crepe sole wears out... think i am going to get them converted to a leather sole.

Me and my buddy (2 more are in the process of getting bikes) ride around downtown on the weekends Go to places that serve good food and good beer.

Anyone have place recommendations? Preferably with weekend atmosphere, patio, micro-beers. (Last few times we went to Ronnie's, Caplansky's, Diplomatico)

Also, if this sounds appealing to anyone let's expand the crew. PM me or get at me facebook.com/extrAndrew or @extrAndrew

Mill St. Brew pub in the distillery is nice, there are a few other places in the distillery with a patio too.

La Hacienda on Queen W/Bathurst has a nice patio in the back (great nachos, even better whisky sours)

Tortilla Flats is decent at Augusta/Queen, as is Java House (havent really ate at these two, just usually grab beer on the patio).

You should try the Ceilie Cottage out at the East end of Leslieville. Great patio and there is a really great ice cream place across the street called Cream.