TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

http://www.blogto.com/ They aren't critical geniuses, but they have a pretty good idea of which restaurants are worth your time in their best of Toronto section. The Black Hoof, Pizzeria Libretto, and Guu are some of the most popular places right now in Toronto.

Bars: Generally anything on Ossington, or west of Ossington on Dundas or Queen will be lively, and if it isn't your speed, there are a million places in that general area.

Shopping: I haven't bought any clothes in Toronto in quite some time, but our notable stores are Nomad, Sydney's, Jonathon + Olivia, TNT Blu, and Serpentine (allegedly, I've never even been in here myself).

Thanks man, Staying at the Hilton on Dundas on Thursday night will def try to hit some of that stuff up.

I tihnk JO would have mentioned getting in geller mainline if they did. Nomad doesn't have it in yet. I like that raglan tshirt from geller seconds but not for any more than $50.

Yeah, I checked out J&O, Geller seconds was underwhelming at that price. Tried on the cardigan, balked at the $200 price tag.

I had a pair of shorts altered by Sydney; he took the waist in and slimmed them around the rear and he did do an outstanding job. It was pricey (I think it was like $50 but maybe I'm making that up) and took about a week, but I'd say it was probably worth it. They weren't denim.

I've used studio kim for multiple strange jeans alterations. (As well as slimming of coats and shirts.) Slimming through the hips, inside of thigh, taking and putting back pockets. She really is quite good, at least at what I've asked of her. As far as suits and other things go, i really couldn't say.

JO's prices are ridiculous and I've only ever bought shit on sale there but I was a big fan of Beer Friday this past summer (which is to say I went in there one Friday and had a beer, and that was kind of nice).

I wouldn't harsh on J+O too hard fo carrying that Justice shit. I think their selection is usually pretty good, but their markups are indeed totally insane. Everything they sell can be had for cheaper, even if you have to order it from Europe or Japan. Decent sales every once in a while, though.

I usually just go in there to try on things that I want to buy on the internet.