TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

Sunday School at 751 on.. you guessed it, Sunday!

My friend works there and it's his birthday and there's going to be plenty of drunk beezies from my work going there. Tell Hali to come through so he can holla at the blonde.

who are you?

xewo = project denim?

well that makes sense. the chances of two sufu people working at the same store just seemed too strange.

beveridge, thanks. i never think to check it because it's far less likely i'm in the area.

it's a 5 minute walk from rotate...

anyone happen to know if there are any jeans under $200 worth checking out other than apc at nomad and naked&famous at sydneys? wanna grab a new pair tomorrow

Self Edge has some stuff on sale on their website. Might be worth checking out. I know they had some RJB's and some nice black Suger Cane's for like 150 which is like half off.

thanks for the suggestion, i'm not a big fan of ordering things online though. will probably end up being too lazy to walk anywhere further than nomad.

also, anyone need a black lips ticket for the saturday show? it's just occurring to me i never actually checked if anyone i know is going...

Goodfoot sent out a letter to people saying that they were closing to focus on other aspects of the business and blah blah blah. I took it as them saying sneakers were not making enough money to afford rent so they are going to focus more on the money making brands that is in the same family of businesses. As someone that runs retail businesses I know the language they used.

Here is the letter... posted on Aura With An M

It makes me so sad, but I knew this would eventually come. All I have to say to GDFT is thanks for all the good times! You gave me sole and I loved working for you. xo

To our valued customers and vendors,

It’s been our great pleasure to bring you some of the most exciting products and events the sneaker market has had to offer over the last 10 years of business. Over time we’ve seen many faces pass through our doors, and made great friends along the way. We broke ground for Canada’s retail landscape, and paved the way for those that followed. Yet, nothing lasts forever and it has come time to close.

We’ve seen our market change significantly over the last few years. And, as it has changed direction, so too have we. Thus the decision to close Goodfoot and shift our focus onto new opportunities has been made. There are many exciting projects to come in our future, and we hope that everyone who supported us at Goodfoot will continue to support us in the growth and evolution of our exciting endeavors to come.

We’d like to officially take this time to thank you for supporting Goodfoot. We’ll always remember the relationships that were built, and the unbelievable energy and loyalty our customers brought to this unique shop.

Thank you,

The Goodfoot Team

PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT YOUR INDEPENDENTS!

Friend of mine is doing construction/partnering on the gdft building. xxxx as the store-front and xxxx in the back. The front end is about 1/3 of the original size. Other than that, he wants to keep his projects on the low. Should be interesting and I hope he does well.

oh wow i thought he was at the phoenix

i am glad i didn't get tickets now as i have vowed to never set foot in the kool haus again

I think he is at Phoenix...unless they changed the venue? If they did, I share your thoughts, almost pulled the trigger on tickets myself.

anyone hitting up any CMW shows? I need to pick up my media shit tomorrow but I'm so unmotivated.

my band is playing the vivian girls show tonight. i heard fucked up are playing at the elmo tonight as well. there are pretty much no shows i would go to if i had to pay. cmw is kind of a joke

yeah fucked up aren't playing 'till 1am though and im fucked if i don't make it to class by 9 tomorrow morning.

there are some decent shows but im pretty stoked on not paying for them. a wristband wouldn't be worth $60 this year. there are only like 7 shows on sunday for example and most suck ass.

http://www.blogto.com/ They aren't critical geniuses, but they have a pretty good idea of which restaurants are worth your time in their best of Toronto section. The Black Hoof, Pizzeria Libretto, and Guu are some of the most popular places right now in Toronto.

Bars: Generally anything on Ossington, or west of Ossington on Dundas or Queen will be lively, and if it isn't your speed, there are a million places in that general area.

Shopping: I haven't bought any clothes in Toronto in quite some time, but our notable stores are Nomad, Sydney's, Jonathon + Olivia, TNT Blu, and Serpentine (allegedly, I've never even been in here myself).

http://www.blogto.com/ They aren't critical geniuses, but they have a pretty good idea of which restaurants are worth your time in their best of Toronto section. The Black Hoof, Pizzeria Libretto, and Guu are some of the most popular places right now in Toronto.

Bars: Generally anything on Ossington, or west of Ossington on Dundas or Queen will be lively, and if it isn't your speed, there are a million places in that general area.

Shopping: I haven't bought any clothes in Toronto in quite some time, but our notable stores are Nomad, Sydney's, Jonathon + Olivia, TNT Blu, and Serpentine (allegedly, I've never even been in here myself).

+Bistro 422.

the bistro is the best god damn bar in the city

the clientele is so incredibly diverse and the booze is painfully cheap. the few times i have thrown up in the last few years have mostly all been due to nights at bistro. i love it there