films you're looking forward to seeing

Guest jmatsu

^wut? i can't remember who got cred for writing it and am too lazy to watch the trailer again. i do remember it wasn't orwell though.

is this movie like the new version of 1984??

I really wonder if comic book market is getting saturated. I'm not even sure stuff like Jonah Hex and Thor have built in audiences. They could probably make this one for real cheap though.

I think, seeing the success of a 2nd tier character's franchise like Iron Man, I think if it's a well-made film it always has a chance. There are so many in the pipeline, I'm looking forward to Brannagh's take on Thor, the Ant-man movie and how Marvel handle the Avengers.

i just hope the Green Lantern movie being made is fucking awesome, I hope all of the DC heavy-hitters get awesome adaptations. Flash and Wonder Woman have been rumoured for years, and now it looks like Superman is being rebooted. JLU movie? :cool:

and I was mildly interested in Jonah beforehand, now that i found out Megan Fox is it.. considerably less so.

Guest jmatsu

Mamoru_Oshii.jpg

[シネマトゥデイ映画ニュース] テレビアニメ「攻殻機動隊」シリーズなどで知られる鬼才・押井守監督による、豪華キャスト出演の長編実写映画『アサルトガールズ』の公開が決定した。

押井監督が映画『Avalon アヴァロン』以来、約8年ぶりに挑んだ長編実写映画の本作は、巨大モンスター“スナクジラ”が地をはう荒廃した砂漠の戦場を舞台に、パワフルな武器を手にした3人の美しき女ハンターたちがバトルを繰り広げる驚異のSFエンターテインメント。

その美しき女ハンターを演じるのは、黒木メイサ、菊地凛子、佐伯日菜子の3人。アサルトライフルや銃器を手に、モンスターと戦闘を繰り広げ、突然変異の超大物“マダラスナクジラ”との対峙(たいじ)というユニークな世界観をどう体現しているのか見ものだ。またハイクオリティーなビジュアルやVFXバトルアクションも交えた映像にも注目が集まっている。

これまで虚実が入り混じった特異なイマジネーションで、日本のみならず世界を魅了してきた押井監督。約8年ぶりの実写映画で、これまでの邦画の枠を飛び越えることができるか。注目の一本だ。

映画『アサルトガールズ』は12月19日よりテアトル新宿、池袋テアトルダイヤほかにて全国公開