Baseball Talk

kiya

so colorado and arizona

im picking arizona even though that colorado has to be baseball's hottest team right now

the matchup looks almost even

both teams have like one ace and a few rising stars?

both lineups can HIT (see Cubs and Phillies for reference)

both bullpens are lights out (see top example for details)

cubs were absolutely overrated when picked to win the series

good luck next year....

(Ortiz) went 5-for-7 with two homers and six walks. He finished the three games with a ridiculous .714 average, .846 on-base percentage and 2.417 OPS.

The blast was the 10th by Ortiz in 32 career playoff games with the Sox. He now owns sole possession of the Sox career record for most postseason homers. In his last 23 postseason games, he has nine homers and 27 RBI, numbers that would translate to 63 homers and 190 RBI over a 162-game season.

-Boston Herald

FYI... Arod's hitting .200 with a .333 OBP, 0 HR's 0 RBI's :rolleyes:

Wrigley 'curse' takes sordid turn

Chicago police cut down goat from Harry Caray statue

Posted: Saturday October 6, 2007 8:00PM; Updated: Saturday October 6, 2007 8:12PM

CHICAGO (AP) -- Holy Cow! This is no way to exorcise the billy goat curse.

A grainy 14-second video posted on YouTube this week shows Chicago police cutting down what looks like a skinned goat's carcass from the right arm of the Harry Caray statue outside Wrigley Field.

Gary Yamashiroya, commander of the Chicago Police district that includes Wrigley, told the Chicago Sun-Times in a story posted Saturday on its Web site that officers were called out to the ballpark at 5:35 a.m. Wednesday to check out reports of something hanging from the bronze statue.

Yamashiroya told the paper the goat appeared to be from a butcher but added: "I certainly hope someone didn't kill a goat for a practical joke."

A Cubs spokesman said the organization was aware of the incident but declined comment.

The curse dates to the 1945 World Series, when the Cubs refused to let the owner of the famed Billy Goat tavern bring his goat to the game.

-AP

TVocTOlIG6E

First the Mets choke and now the Yanks got knocked around.

Not a good time for NY Baseball..

My father is officially pissed and is ready to kill me, mainly because of the fact that he's a sore loser. All season, I've cracked on him in good humor, never saying anything like yankees suck or anything like that, just yelling at him "the yankees loose" after a loss. It's good to see another team win for once, even though it might cost me my life. I mean come on, isn't 26 titles enough for one team. Let someone else win for once.

Interesting year as always Yanks fans, you guys really made me incredibly happy in the first half and then scared the shit out of me in the second. It was a strange way to end things this season, I really like Joe Torre and I think he did a Hell of a job with the team this year (the latter part at least) and I hope that if the Boss really does fire him he sticks it right back to him by managing the Orioles to the wildcard, for a fraction of the money.

Next year will be tough, that rotation will be scary. It will be an interesting off season... See you in the spring.

BTW, I was rooting for the Yanks last night (only to bring the series back to Cleveland) and boy did that feel wierd.

i really wonder what's going to happen to cashman. and depending on what happens to him, i wouldn't be surprised if a-rod is the only one they're going to try to bring back. because after all, major league baseball is a business, even before the competitions.

i also wonder if girardi is on the radar now.

I really like Joe Torre and I think he did a Hell of a job with the team this year (the latter part at least).

I've never been impressed with Torre. Well, maybe earlier in his tenure with the Yankees. But in the past 5 years or so he hasn't been anything special. With the payroll he has, he should, at the very least, be making the playoffs every season. I don't think he manages the bullpen well at all (burns out pitchers arms).

Next year will be tough, that rotation will be scary.

I'm more worried about Toronto than NY next season. NY has Hughes, Wang, Kennedy, Mussina, and potentially Pettite. That rotation is nothing special.

^already has.

"The Red Sox confirmed that they'll move Curt Schilling ahead of Daisuke Matsuzaka in the ALCS rotation. It's possible the team's No. 3 starter will only get one start in the series, and they wanted to line Schilling up for two. Dice-K would only pitch once if the Red Sox wanted to line Josh Beckett up to start Games 1, 4 and 7. He's be on three days' rest in Game 4, but if he started then, he would have four days off before his Game 7 start, opening up the possibility. If the Red Sox did try that, they might have Tim Wakefield go in Game 5 and Schilling in Game 6."

I don't think the Red Sox should try to get too much out of Beckett by having him pitch 1, 4, and 7.

I say the rotation should go:

Game 1: Beckett

Game 2: Schilling

Game 3: Daisuke

Game 4: Wakefield

Game 5: Beckett

Game 6: Schilling

Game 7: Daisuke

That would mean Daisuke is lined up to pitch in the deciding game, which is a lot of pressure for a rookie. But I don't think the Sox should manage their rotation for game 7 in the earlier games, because we all saw how that came back to bite Lou Pinella in the ass.

I'm more worried about Toronto than NY next season. NY has Hughes, Wang, Kennedy, Mussina, and potentially Pettite. That rotation is nothing special.

I guess you are right, I retract my previous statement, but I still think they pick up Santana...

maybe that's why the yankees lost. :(

but thanks for the effort.

I was thinking about this today, I think it's true, I root for them to lose a lot and they win a lot, maybe it is my fault.