Baseball Talk

kiya

it's good to see kaz (the other matsui) finally contributing.

which is another kick in the ass for the mets fans...

sorry.

they shouldn't have given up on him so easily.

whomp whomp.

maaaaaaaaaaaan i'm so ready for the playoffs to start!

i'm gonna be in chicago this weekend so barring some amazing series of events where i would happen upon tickets, i'm just going to be chilling outside wrigley. mad hype.

Anyone have any thoughts on TBS's coverage thus far?

Normally, I'm againt new networks picking up coverage of a sport that is traditionally on another network, however, I think Ernie Johnson and Cal Ripken did a great job with the studio work during the NL West tie breaker, and i like how they goto the studio in between certain innings i.e., instead of commercials. +Rep!

Eric Young on ESPN predicted the Phillies beating the Yankees in the WS. Let's hope that high pitched yet handsome blackman is a psychic.

I will give up on cluthez and denimz and buy all my gear at Costco for a phillies world series.

and here are more predictions.

postseason_predictions.gif

Anyone have any thoughts on TBS's coverage thus far?

Normally, I'm againt new networks picking up coverage of a sport that is traditionally on another network, however, I think Ernie Johnson and Cal Ripken did a great job with the studio work during the NL West tie breaker, and i like how they goto the studio in between certain innings i.e., instead of commercials. +Rep!

TBS isn't new to baseball. They cover the Braves all season long, and I think they used to cover Mets games too.

I'm just glad ESPN isn't covering any of the playoffs. Having Chris Berman announce games is absolutely brutal.

TBS isn't new to baseball. They cover the Braves all season long, and I think they used to cover Mets games too.

yeah i miswrote that. Braves games/coverage is the worst. Braves announcer is the worst. Braves are the worst.

I'm just glad ESPN isn't covering any of the playoffs. Having Chris Berman announce games is absolutely brutal.

back back back...

braves fans are the worst.

such fair-weather people. don't even appreciate how many pennants they've won.

Eh, you could say that about fans of any team.

I was sitting next to a guy on the train the other day. He was going to the Mets game decked out in Mets gear, so I assumed he was a Mets fan. Then he tells me he's also a Yankees fan, because he's "a fan of New York."

What kind of bullshit is that?

You can't be a fan of two rival teams. That's akin to liking the Cubs and the White Sox.

And just so you know I'm not biased, I've seen more than my share of Red Sox "fans" who still think Nomar still plays short.

Went to my first game at Fenway this season on Saturday, better late than never.

JD Drew picked a nice time to start hitting, he's 5 for 11 against Lackey, who has a 8.38 ERA at Fenway this season...

i went to my first fenway game before i left providence a few years ago, great park.

Eh, you could say that about fans of any team.

I was sitting next to a guy on the train the other day. He was going to the Mets game decked out in Mets gear, so I assumed he was a Mets fan. Then he tells me he's also a Yankees fan, because he's "a fan of New York."

What kind of bullshit is that?

You can't be a fan of two rival teams. That's akin to liking the Cubs and the White Sox.

And just so you know I'm not biased, I've seen more than my share of Red Sox "fans" who still think Nomar still plays short.

ever since the sox swept the yanks on the way to their championship they became cool. true sox fans must be annoyed by these "oh i root for the red sox, too" people who barely know baseball rules.

Everyone always picks the Yankees to win it all.

When you pick them every year you lose your credibility.

It's like saying, "He's going to hit a home run!" before every pitch. Sure you'll eventually get it right, but overall, you're a moron.

Yankees probably won't even beat the Indians.

I actually wouldnt mind seeing the Yankees win it all, their pitching hasnt been all that impressive but A-Rod has, theres certain players i despise (Giambi, Johnny Damon) but then again theres certain players i love (Cano, Melky, A-Rod, Jeter) Im definately not a Yankees fan but fuck, both my teams (tigers/mets) looked like they didn't even wanna be in October this year..

All divison rivalries aside, fuck the Indians, Travis Hafner and Casey Blake made my September shit..

Wow, I'm glad that Beckett had a great game cause the bats really didn't have much going, good to see Youk back in action.

I dont like the TBS coverage, for some reason they dont mic the game, and you couldnt hear the fans at all, it also seems like they didn't post any stats and when they did they werent relevant. As always I find the post season announcers very annoying, I guess they have to dumb it down a bit for people not familiar with Sox/Angels, I just wish they would put one local announcer in each home game to get someone who is actually knowledgeable about the teams. I want Don and Jerry damnit!

Stole this from yanksfan vs soxfan:

Josh Beckett last night:

• 108 pitches. 83 for strikes (77 percent).
  • 19 consecutive batters retired.
  • First-pitch strikes to 15 straight hitters.
  • 18 straight scoreless innings in the playoffs, and counting.
  • Three postseason shutouts in six starts (t-second all time).
  • First playoff shutout by a Sox starter since Luis Tiant in 1975.
  • 87 game score, fourth-highest in Red Sox postseason history (highest since Jim Lonborg in 1967) and best performance by any starter in the postseason since ... Josh Beckett in 2003.

Ridiculous, this guy and Ortiz love some postseason.

Damn. Way to waste a quality start, Phils.

Tom Gordon was back to his old ways. I saw him give up back to back HRs in DC earleir this year; it was painful.

Go... Kyle Kendrick?

Don't get the wrong impression, I still think the Phillies can win the series, but they need a win today pretty bad.

Wow, I'm glad that Beckett had a great game cause the bats really didn't have much going, good to see Youk back in action.

I dont like the TBS coverage, for some reason they dont mic the game, and you couldnt hear the fans at all, it also seems like they didn't post any stats and when they did they werent relevant. As always I find the post season announcers very annoying, I guess they have to dumb it down a bit for people not familiar with Sox/Angels, I just wish they would put one local announcer in each home game to get someone who is actually knowledgeable about the teams. I want Don and Jerry damnit!

you can always mute the tv and turn on the radio. i've heard of people doing that...

beckett was dominating. i hope dice-k will perform well with the extra playoff pressure.

i have to admit i am not a fan of the yankees. i think it has to do with growing up in seattle. i don't have an emotional attachment to pinstripes. sucks because most of my friends are die-hard yankees fans.