Baseball Talk

kiya

So baseball season started yesterday...

Thoughts? Predictions? Shit Talking?

I'll start this off..

Daisuke is a fucking machine, if you haven't read about this guy yet, do yourself a favor and read up about what he's done in Japan and how he plays. The Red Sox spent a load on him but if he stays healthy then they've probably got the best pitcher in baseball for at least a few years.

Go A's.

Admit it, Zito is purposely throwing games for the Giants cause he doesn't like the idea of playing for yuppies and investment bankers.

hahaha, yeha man. anyways, hopefully both teams can get thier first win of the season tonight.

Go A's.

Admit it, Zito is purposely throwing games for the Giants cause he doesn't like the idea of playing for yuppies and investment bankers.

Yeah he throws this pitch called the "gyro" ball ive seen the pitch, whatever it is.its getting people out. i hope daisuke can defend himself from an angry mlb player getting drilled by him charging the mound. they dont tolerate that kind of stuff in japan.lol

i am so fucking excited to see how daisuke does.

i hope he doesn't turn out to be like nomo. or irabu. :(

he did pretty good during the pre-season. i am itching to see how he does in the regular season....

cardinals, astros both 0-2? cardinals lost a couple of good starters and carpenter is out next start...im going with the mets to win the national league pennant...maybe milwakee in the central and the cubs taking the wild card (they better take something with all that $$ they spent in the offseason)

american league i think bostons gonna grab that shit again...yankees and the blue jays, yes the blue jays..i almost forgot the were kinda in the playoff race last year.

im going to my first game of the season friday night...i love april thru october.

anybody been to any games yet?

zito will get better kiya, hes always bad on opening day (0-3) with like a 9.00 era..

Detroit is going to have another excellent season, and take it all the way this year. I have'nt taken notice of any changes made since play offs and finals, but I have gut feeling. Then again you get hardly any news of this in Australia.

hahaha, yeha man. anyways, hopefully both teams can get thier first win of the season tonight.

Yeah he throws this pitch called the "gyro" ball ive seen the pitch, whatever it is.its getting people out. i hope daisuke can defend himself from an angry mlb player getting drilled by him charging the mound. they dont tolerate that kind of stuff in japan.lol

i remember watching this show and they said that the pitch was created by this scientist or something and they showed like a ... simulation of how it worked. lol

on a side note - does anyone collect baseball cards?

might have to stock up on his rookie cards or something.

Sheffield is probably one of the best fastball hitters in the league. I don't ever recall him missing an extended period of time due to injury other than last year, however he is getting old. He's still a good addition to the Tiger lineup.

the hitting in the lineup is a nightmare for other teams you can wells then thomas then glaus, pitchers will sweat buckets...

You have a point, but there are much more potent lineups even in the Jay's own division. Look at the Yankees and Red Sox-- Jeter, A-Rod, Giambi, Matsui, Cano & J.D. Drew, Manny, and Ortiz. I don't think Halladay can carry the Jay's rotation either.

Daisuke is a fucking machine, if you haven't read about this guy yet, do yourself a favor and read up about what he's done in Japan and how he plays. The Red Sox spent a load on him but if he stays healthy then they've probably got the best pitcher in baseball for at least a few years.

Daisuke's hyped. He wasn't even the best pitcher in Japan. And Spring Training is a whole lot different than the season. We'll see how the year progresses and if the Red Sox threw away over 100 million in acquiring him. Personally, I think the Yankees got a better deal in Kei Igawa.

The A's just beat the Mariners to a pulp.

Guest youngteam

yankees have the best lineup in baseball. i'd like to support a-rod but he keeps opening his big fucking stupid mouth.

also, i hope someone pelts ichiro this season with a battery. a car battery.