Baseball Talk

kiya

You know what pisses me off?

This supposed "Red Sox Nation" crap.

The past 3 games the Jake has been electric. The noise from the fans cheering all the time has been deafening. Towels being waved looks somewhat intimidating. The beating of the drum shows some real pep.

What does Fenway have?

A Neil Diamond song at the 7th inning stretch. Woop-dee-fucking-doo.

There are too many rich, casual fans at Fenway these days.

You got a bunch of corporate fat cats and know-nothing fans who fill the seats at Fenway because they can afford to.

I don't have any real problems with tickets costing more money these days, cause that means better players on the field.

What bothers me is when the people who occupy those seats don't get into the game. Red Sox fans are supposed to be the most passionate in the nation. Well why don't you show it.

Don't talk about a business deal on your cell phone while Mike Lowell bats with 2-out, a man in scoring position, and the Sox trailing by a run. Cheer your fucking ass off.

I don't want "Thunder sticks", or towels, or any gimmicky crap to get the fans into the game. I want the fans to be into the game, because there is a game going on.

The Sox have a chance to get into the WS, and if the fans tomorrow night aren't bringing down the house from the jump, I'll be pissed.

If you aren't going to cheer like crazy, give your ticket to someone who will.

Fuck Red Sox Nation. Fuck Tessie. And Fuck you. This isn't a show, it's a baseball game.

End rant.

maybe it has to do with Cleveland being such a blue collar city, and the fact that they havent made the playoffs since 2001.

Take for example last year in the ALDS, Tigers fans were going absolutley insane compared to the Yankees fans..

With that being said, my proline ticket today has the Sox by 2, Lets see what Schilling can do out there..

You know what pisses me off?

This supposed "Red Sox Nation" crap.

The past 3 games the Jake has been electric. The noise from the fans cheering all the time has been deafening. Towels being waved looks somewhat intimidating. The beating of the drum shows some real pep.

What does Fenway have?

A Neil Diamond song at the 7th inning stretch. Woop-dee-fucking-doo.

There are too many rich, casual fans at Fenway these days.

You got a bunch of corporate fat cats and know-nothing fans who fill the seats at Fenway because they can afford to.

I don't have any real problems with tickets costing more money these days, cause that means better players on the field.

What bothers me is when the people who occupy those seats don't get into the game. Red Sox fans are supposed to be the most passionate in the nation. Well why don't you show it.

Don't talk about a business deal on your cell phone while Mike Lowell bats with 2-out, a man in scoring position, and the Sox trailing by a run. Cheer your fucking ass off.

I don't want "Thunder sticks", or towels, or any gimmicky crap to get the fans into the game. I want the fans to be into the game, because there is a game going on.

The Sox have a chance to get into the WS, and if the fans tomorrow night aren't bringing down the house from the jump, I'll be pissed.

If you aren't going to cheer like crazy, give your ticket to someone who will.

Fuck Red Sox Nation. Fuck Tessie. And Fuck you. This isn't a show, it's a baseball game.

End rant.

Are you kidding me? How many Indians games did you watch in the regular season this year? They were loud in the playoffs but rarely did they make noise like that in the regular season. Cleveland hasn't had a championship since the 60s in ANY sport and the fans were ready to break that drought. The noise-level at Fenway can almost be deafening at times. Not trying to say one fan-base is better than the other but that's a pretty ridiculous statement. Generally, if you actually go to a game at Fenway then you can have an educated baseball conversation with anyone. Atleast that's what I found although I wasn't sitting field level or on the wall... In my opinion, if you really want to talk about clueless fans, then you should evaluate the New York Yankees. The NY logo is more of a fashion statement than anything and while there's definitely noise made in the Bronx, it's a lot of "BOOOOOO"s at their OWN players.

With that said,

GO REDSOX! they deserve to be here more than any AL team after their stellar 07 year.

GIMME SOME OF THAT DIRRRRRTY WATER!

Wow that's surprising. I'm guessing Tavarez will take his spot on the roster. If Snyder or Corey aren't added in lieu of Gagne I'll be pissed.

I wonder if this will factor into bringing Wakefield back next season. Probably not, but his age has to be a concern for them. Even though he had a lot of wins this season, and is an innings eater, it's tough to rely on someone that old.

Looks like the WS rotation will be:

Game 1-Beckett

Game 2-Schilling

Game 3-Matsuzaka

Game 4-Lester

Game 5-Beckett

Game 6-Schilling

Game 7-Matsuzaka

The WS roster is set. Snyder replaces Wakefield, and Gagne is still on the roster.

That's inexcusable.

If I were running things, Gagne would have had a better chance of making the WS roster for the Rockies.

I don't care if Gagne pitches well in the WS. He simply should not have the opportunity to do so after pitching so poorly throughout the season and costing the Sox a win in game 2 of the ALCS.

Chalk it up to Francona's penchant for sticking with veterans rather than doing what's right.

The only good that comes from this is the ability to boo Gagne one last time. I really hope his name comes in Mitchell's report out as a steroid user. What a bum.

Are you kidding me? How many Indians games did you watch in the regular season this year? They were loud in the playoffs but rarely did they make noise like that in the regular season. Cleveland hasn't had a championship since the 60s in ANY sport and the fans were ready to break that drought. The noise-level at Fenway can almost be deafening at times. Not trying to say one fan-base is better than the other but that's a pretty ridiculous statement. Generally, if you actually go to a game at Fenway then you can have an educated baseball conversation with anyone. Atleast that's what I found although I wasn't sitting field level or on the wall... In my opinion, if you really want to talk about clueless fans, then you should evaluate the New York Yankees. The NY logo is more of a fashion statement than anything and while there's definitely noise made in the Bronx, it's a lot of "BOOOOOO"s at their OWN players.

Just to further my argument, today on Boston sports radio John Henry said the fans at games 1 and 2 of the ALCS were not as loud as the fans at games 6 and 7. Also, on Outside the Lines today, a Boston reporter said that today's Red Sox crowd is younger and more corporate than the older, working-class crowd that used to frequent Fenway.

Today on sports radio, Francona defended adding Gagne to the roster with some weak points.

He said that because Tavarez and Corey hadn't seen much playing time in the last 2 months, Gagne was a better fit.

Weaksauce, Tito.

Tavarez and Corey (along with other non-roster pitchers) should have been pitching side sessions in the event of an injury to one of the pitchers on the playoff roster.

And if the amount of inactivity is a concern, why have Snyder take Wakefield's spot on the rotation? He has pitched just as sparsely as Tavarez.

Corey would have been the best fit to take over Gagne spot, because he pitched a good amount down the stretch, and did so effectively.

.....Years

At this rate they'll be lucky if ever make it to the Series again..

I dunno, Youk has been on fire as of late. He also had a solid 1.0 fielding percentage this year, whereas Ortiz has only played 1st 37 times in the past three years.

That said, you really can't sit one of the best hitters in the history of the game.

I'm excited to see if the Rockies can take advantage of the possible defensive holes. Ortiz has a bum leg, and he'll be playing 1st. Manny will be playing left field in a GIGANTIC left field, so it will be interesting to see how his "fielding" works out. I personally think he is terrible, so hopefully this will work out to the Rockies advantage.

As a resident of Denver and a longtime Rockies fan, I hope our guys can get their hitting back on line. Helton needs to step it up if he ever wants to get back to the post-season again.

All in all, I would like to see the series go to 7 games, but I don't know if that's gonna happen because Boston has such a good team.

I also hate the Red Sox, mostly because they're fans all became giant dicks once they finally won another WS a couple years back. Fuck the BoSox and fuck the Yankees.

At this point the only reason i'd want to see this series go past four games is because i just want to see more baseball before next year, the Rockies are dead.