Baseball Talk

kiya

That was the most boring World Series i've seen since i started watching baseball twenty years ago.

Hurry up and be April '08 already..

That was the most boring World Series i've seen since i started watching baseball twenty years ago.

It really was.

I wish the NL was better just so there would be some competition for the AL. The WS have been so anticlimactic lately.

BTW, that was a really classless move by Boras last night announcing that A-Rod will opt out. That could have waited a few more days. I don't blame Rosenthal at all for reporting it since that's his job, but Boras should have had more class than to pull that shit.

you cannot be a good sports agent and have class. that is not the ticket to millions of extra dollars.

i really wish the rockies could've won ONE GAME. finale at fenway would have been nice you know.

where do you think arod will go? i even heard one pundit describing how he could go to boston (yeah right.)

It really was.

I wish the NL was better just so there would be some competition for the AL. The WS have been so anticlimactic lately.

BTW, that was a really classless move by Boras last night announcing that A-Rod will opt out. That could have waited a few more days. I don't blame Rosenthal at all for reporting it since that's his job, but Boras should have had more class than to pull that shit.

yeah no shit. classless but not unexpected.

i dont think there's any way he'll goto the cubs considering the looming sale of the club. id guess the angels or giants would be good bets on where Arod ends up, as I think Boston will (and should) resign lowell. as a fan, i would not want a-rod on my team.

Ive rethought my stance on Arod and I don't want him at all. It would be fun sticking him in the face of Yanks fans, but the guy is a clubhouse cancer and I just don't see him fitting into the Red Sox. Lowell has already become a leader and that's something Arod will never be.

Ive rethought my stance on Arod and I don't want him at all. It would be fun sticking him in the face of Yanks fans, but the guy is a clubhouse cancer and I just don't see him fitting into the Red Sox. Lowell has already become a leader and that's something Arod will never be.

I completely agree. The guy puts up monster numbers, but at what cost?

I hope the Sox can resign Lowell to a 2-year deal, or a longer deal if Lowell gives the Sox a hometown discount. Seems unlikely though as I'm sure Lowell could get a big deal from another club after his big season capped by a WS MVP. Best case scenario would be a 1-year deal with the Sox, and then sign Morneau to first next season and move Youk to third, but that is highly unlikely for a number of reasons.

as a mets fan.....that would be a very scary sight.......

Just heard reports that the Mets are interested in pursuing Arod if Wright will agree to move to another position. What position though, 2B? 1B? Seems like a lot to ask of a guy who is such an intregal part of the team.

As much as I dislike Arod, it would be pretty crazy to see the kind of numbers he could put up against NL pitching. If he played for Philly he could get 80 HR in that park.

I completely agree. The guy puts up monster numbers, but at what cost?

I hope the Sox can resign Lowell to a 2-year deal, or a longer deal if Lowell gives the Sox a hometown discount. Seems unlikely though as I'm sure Lowell could get a big deal from another club after his big season capped by a WS MVP. Best case scenario would be a 1-year deal with the Sox, and then sign Morneau to first next season and move Youk to third, but that is highly unlikely for a number of reasons.

Just heard reports that the Mets are interested in pursuing Arod if Wright will agree to move to another position. What position though, 2B? 1B? Seems like a lot to ask of a guy who is such an intregal part of the team.

As much as I dislike Arod, it would be pretty crazy to see the kind of numbers he could put up against NL pitching. If he played for Philly he could get 80 HR in that park.

yeah i keep reading about arod coming to the mets as well....minayas had wood for him since 2001 when the mets almost got him.....they aer talking about putting wright at 2nd cause delgado has another year at like $15 or $16 million I think...but they would need to move some key players to stay under the salary cap which the organization likes to do......

I am not a fan of arod and I know he puts up crazy numbers during the season, but i'd have to say I'd almost rather lose without him, then win with him. There are just a few players, no matter how good that i don't want on a team i root for. Arod, barry Bonds, kobe bryant, john rocker..haha.....these are just people I like to root against....not for......

plus the mets need starting and bullpen pitching....not really offense.......and reyes needs to grow up a bit.....

Seeing as reputedly you can hardly get him and Varitek within 10 yards of eachother I'd say that it's something of a no-go. Judging by the results this season offence isn't exactly an issue anyhow.

So, the Yanks signed Girardi as the new manager. 3 year contract .. and it looks like Torre is going to manage for the Dodgers under a 3 year deal.

Fellow Yankees fans .. what do you think of this move? Right now, I think it's a good move (but maybe not the best) for trying to keep the veteran players comfortable, since Posada, Rivera, and Jeter are already comfortable with him.

But I'm still confused about why they would pick him over Mattingly? I know Mattingly does not have any managerial experience, but I feel that everyone on the team is used to him already being around.

It's too bad he's still not going to be the hitting coach. But anyway, what do fellow Yankee fans think?

It's too bad he's still not going to be the hitting coach. But anyway, what do fellow Yankee fans think?

I think they had bumped him up to bench coach this season...

I think they went with Gerardi cause he's a little more agressive and would light a spark under their asses. Mattingly was too mellow like Torre. Another reason could be that Mattingly looked like The Boss' pick, Hank S. might want to show everybody who is running the show now by not going with who dad wanted... I personaly think Hank is gonna run the team into the ground.

it seems logical that arod and torre both come to L.A

dodgers get a veteran skipper with a good track record. something they always wanted

and they get a guy with a power bat. something else they are in dire need for

then L.A would have a bunch of washed up superstars that are overpaid

(see Beckham..)

i don't know if i would have arod in LA