doctorgnar

Uniqlo Vintage Chinos

i happen to have a pair of 29x30 in khaki that are just a bit too form fitting for my liking (normally a 30) so they never get any wear. actual waist measures out to 30". lightly worn a handful of times then put away. $32 shipped in the US.

Anyone know what to specify to make sure I get the right chinos when placing an email/phone order? If anyone has a tag with a product code that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

got a pair of 31 uvcs in my sig for sale!! will trade for a 29 or 30.

good news / bad news:

they finally did a navy vintage chino. however, they've replaced the brass donut button with a crappy plastic button like their normal chinos.

Z0GFRcFm-aY

<broken youtube link, wtf>

Edited by readytoignite

good news / bad news:

they finally did a navy vintage chino. however, they've replaced the brass donut button with a crappy plastic button like their normal chinos.

Z0GFRcFm-aY

<broken youtube link, wtf>

how do they fit? compared to the original uvcs, or in general, i guess.

the current season uvc i own seem a little straighter/baggier than the old ones, but the last pair i bought before these was at least 3 or 4 seasons ago.

also they all appear to have plastic buttons now. there were maybe 1-2 pairs left with metal donuts when i went last week.

Yeah, the most recent version is a far cry from the originals. They've been steadily declining in quality over the years, but the differences were usually subtle and tolerable.

In addition to the plastic buttons as mentioned, the fabric is now considerably thinner and softer. The originals had a nice weight and rigidity to them. They're also a bit baggier, especially from the knee to the leg opening.

For $40, they're not bad, but no where near what they once were.

^Can anyone confirm those are the right vintage chinos, it looks to have different branding compared to pictures of the tags from other posts

size down for sure. I think i'm a true 30 (measured) but i haven't measured in like 2 years and my weight fluctuates a lot, but sz 30 is huge on me in the waist.

And what's the quality like on the current ones? Are both seams still flatfelled?

Any pics of the current crop anyone?

recommend sizing down 1 on the current iteration

Edited by rezz