Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

finally tried amazingreen - i think this has to be the weakest (in terms of strength) edp i have ever used. it seriously disappeared entirely on me within 10minutes. nice initially, although obviously very 'safe' (and i guess this is where the waves of generic comments come from) for cdg though.

Edited by conqueror

• 3 weeks later...

I've been in rotation with two perfumes for the past year, both unisex --

The Different Company's Un Parfum des Sens & Bois, which is a really clean and cold scent that sits close to the skin - it smells like cedar, white violet and ginger. I love it.

And the other, Black Amber by Carnival Wax, which is a perfume oil that lasts for hours. I only wear it on special occasions because it's really strong. It's a dark incense scent that smells like smoke, amber and (good) patchouli.

I ran out of Nasomatto's Absinth, which I'm going to buy again as soon as I get the chance. It's one of my all time favourites.

My future wish list has pretty much been the same for the last few years: Comme des Garcons x Stephen Jones, Avignon and Andrea Maack's Craft.

i've worn avignon several times and while i enjoy the scent i do wonder what others think of it

ie. if someone brushes by you and they catch a whiff - "is it a perfume?" no... why would anyone want to smell like a crypt...

just popped for diptyque vetyverio for autumn/winter after having used philosykos for a while (which people around me seem to love)

vetyverio.jpg

vetyver is not so strong, but it is quite sweet and warm, develops cedar notes after a little bit. i like it on my skin

• 3 weeks later...

ok who can recommend a good summer thing if I only really like heavy thick stuff. amber and leather and gourmand types

closest I've come are black cdg and diptyque eau duelle so not very close at all

ok who can recommend a good summer thing if I only really like heavy thick stuff. amber and leather and gourmand types

closest I've come are black cdg and diptyque eau duelle so not very close at all

there might be other stuff out there worth a try, but from my own personal experience these come to mind

black afgano

cuirs (carner)

ambre 114

serge noire

black tourmaline

memoir man

lonestar memories

haven't tried these, but i've heard lots of praise for black aoud, dark aoud, and cuir de russie

• 2 weeks later...

there might be other stuff out there worth a try, but from my own personal experience these come to mind

black afgano

cuirs (carner)

ambre 114

serge noire

black tourmaline

memoir man

lonestar memories

haven't tried these, but i've heard lots of praise for black aoud, dark aoud, and cuir de russie

really really heavy for warmer days. I tried it once and got a headache after a few hours. Not sure if heavy fragrances are the right choice for the summer - in regard to your and your surroundings wellbeing

Edited by frankie_four

Yo whats the best way to separate a fragranceDont wanna be carrying this big ass glass thing to gym everyday.Can I get one of these little spray bottle and spray the fragrance into it ?4945247732696.jpgits not just gonna evaporate or some shit its it ?

I tried it, and it works pretty well, but ideally get the atomizer version. It's 3x the price of the PP one, but feels better, plus it's made out of glass, with an aluminum outer casing

Try Liquid Crystal from Agonist. It's got some stuff you would like - amber, cedar, incense etc but it's really lightened with notes of orange and bergamot. The lavender is hardly detectable and although lucky scent lists it as unisex it definitely wavers more towards masculine for me. Great perfume in general but really perfect for someone wanting a summer adaption of a "heavy" fragrance.

And if you're a baller you can buy it in this bottle...

o.7990.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i'm looking for a summery tropical scent to wear in the day, in a humid as fuck country (singapore). my current frangrances are rather pedestrian (Polo black, CDG Kyoto) and are imo more suited for night time than day. any suggestions for something like that? 

Well I guess it is all subjective, and was just offering my choice. 

I have not experienced Silver Musk so it may well be just as good a choice, perhaps I should have a sniff and get informed, thanks ! 

• 4 weeks later...

What are some of your guy's favorite colognes? Especially now since its summer, looking to invest in a summer cologne. List what you got, or some of your favs, doesn't gotta be summer colognes! 

Haven't bought cologne in a long time so here's what I have:

Bleu de Chanel 

Armani Code

Acqua Di Gio

A&F Fierce

Drakkar Noir