Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

am i mistaken, or has supreme started the trends in caps for the past few years.

they did truckers before anyone else, they made 5 panels famous, and they were doing collabs with new era before anyone else knew.

now everyone's doing new eras.

Does supreme donate any of their money they make to the ideals they try to represent. Zapatistas, etc

• 3 months later...

Remember when Eazy E and all the Gangstas were wearing LA Raiders and LA Kings stuff? And at the same time brands like Starter and The Game made a fuck of a lot of pinstripe hats like for colleges and everything with awesome pinstripe patterns. It's acutally kind of tacky but that's why I love it. I've seen New Era making them like for stussy for example, but 've kind of had it with New Era ever since Fred Durst. I want a pinstripe hat with an adjustable strap type deal, no fitted wackiness.

If anyone has the lyricist lounge vol 1 and saw the picture of Kool Keith on the inside, that's the kind of hat I'm looking for. Basically I want to look like a herb straight out the early to mid 90's.

I have a Starter Okland Athletics adjustable cap.

Forest green & gold (like the OG Athletics cap) with white pinstripes. My brother bought it when we were in Perth (Australia) On holiday about 4.5 years ago. I'm sure it must have been old stock as I don't think Starter were still producing goods back then?

Your best bet is to get onto Ebay and search for 'Starter Hat' 'Starter Cap' etc. or along with a specific team.

I'm sure JJ has more to say on this issue, he is a man of knowledge when it comes to headwear.

*Found a pic I had saved from an old Ebay auction :

ml6q7n.jpg

ml6q8o.jpg

There was recently an auction for around 15 old Raider caps, I think most of them were Starter . I believe it ended at only around $45!

Edited by Aotearoa on Jan 26, 2006 at 06:32 AM

• 2 months later...

it's the brown color of the adicolor shoe with yellow pin stripes all over it. gold font huf in a twist style with the ray fong guy on the side and it says ray fong on the back of it. I think it's pretty limited. the staff was all rockin the hats/tee's that match with the kicks today

Guest sauce1

petro, did you get my email? sent out ure hat yesterday. Enjoy!....

If i woulda known earlier my friend has two of those houndstooth hats, i woulda bugged him to get it for you, coulda sent the two hats together.Not sure theyre both 7 1/2 tho. I could still ask if you want thats hat that bad, he was saying they were like $42 at HUF and sold out, im trying to find one in my size now.

Shoot me an email.

[email protected]

someone took my niketalk name here.

• 1 month later...
Guest sauce1

^id like to see the pattern scaled down more maybe %50 of that? that is of course if youre trying to duplicate houndstooth.

if not i like the oversized, its diferent.

someone took my niketalk name here.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Borsalino is a world-renowned hat maker, Montecristi, Rand; you can go to brentblack.com for very well-made Panama hats (which I am a fan of); All of these brands have sites: use Google.

This site allows you to see various stylings:

http://www.cablecarclothiers.com/page56.html

Your best bet should be e-bay. Quality isn't really that important unless you are going to wear it everyday or match it with an expensive suit. I have bought some decent hats on e-bay from no name brands and they look fantastic in person.

And if you want to be really adventurous, go for an ambassador or deerstalker cap....

Edited by englandmj7 on May 31, 2006 at 11:05 PM