Julian Red denim

apu

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are so slim, I thought they were hobokens at first..

Did you size down alot to get that fit?

My cali's fit like that, and I got true to size. Some of the cali's posted here look like people actually sized up? Either that or they changed the cut because my calis are from aw04/05. You also have to remember he's wearing 27s which is pretty fucking small.

Try Famous Friends by Tompkins Square Park.

Famous Friends doesn't have any - try Seven, they got them listed online.

No pics of the Cali "Ride the Lightning"? I've been trying to find a pair of those forever, talked to Mattias, found nothing. Just the pic on their website. I'm not sure I believe they were ever even released.

measurements? howcome they look so sexy in your pics, but in every other picture, they look like crap? :(:(:(:(:(:( i can't make up my mind! ahhhhhhhh

they run big? So, in the raw californias, you would have gotten 28?

thx for ur 'comment' to all other cali wearers, lol

took some sunlight pics of my cali no washes at 4.5 months the other day, indoor lighting can not capture how great a blue these jeans are and how nice and subtly they are fading vertically. i must say i am loving the look and how the contrasty they are.

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4615.jpg

IMG_4611.jpg

^^hobo sugar is washed, and unlike the hobo no wash it is 100% cotton get ready to size up my friend

size up really?

do you wear a size up from your no wash with the 100% cotton hobokens (bullets, sugar, etc..)? because i wear the same size in my nikki sixx and no wash and after wearing them both for a while my nikkis are actually looser. (i think the tiny bit of stretch in the no wash is magic ).

and what is the current sizing situation with calis? same as the hobo or what? because the sizing seems to vary slightly from season to season and these pics are making me want a pair pretty soon. (from you guys again of course). http://www.julianred.com/SS07LB/h03.htm

and last but not least, will you be carrying the 100% hemp calis?

p.s. more pics please mr formal.

went nuts tonight with my camera:

nikki sixx one soak one wash at 15 months. indoor light and a flash doesnt do the color justice.

with way too high top boks.

1005793sx9.jpg

with wingtips cuffed and uncuffed

1005845np9.jpg

slow to fade and lose color (which is a bonus imo) but they are going to get hung on the wall when they are done.

1005808ai0.jpg

1005849ww7.jpg

more updated pics in my nikki sixx thread

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11138&page=2&highlight=nikki+sixx

I tried on the Sea Breeze and was really disappointed. They aren't really pressed like they're supposed to be, it's seems more like somone just folded them and took a sharp object to scrape of the color at the crease. It's just a lighter line going down your legs.

The denim was also kinda soft, felt like there was stretch in it.

to whoever wanted Ride the lightning, I can get them.

cult those nikki sixxs are looking sick. as for my sizing, i have a massive ass and legs in proportion to the rest of my body so that might have played a part. im normally a 29-30 but primarly a 29 which i have in my cali no wash, but my hobo no washes are a 30 and i could not even get the 29 sugar hobo past my calfs, 30s stoped at my thighs and 31s went all the way. as for the 100% hemps i dont know honestly.

I just read through the whole thread, so I think this is a legitimate question:

Does anyone have the rise measurements of the California and the Hoboken? On the Denimbar site it says that the former is med-low and the latter is low. I would really like to know the exact measurement. Thanks!

I just read through the whole thread, so I think this is a legitimate question:

Does anyone have the rise measurements of the California and the Hoboken? On the Denimbar site it says that the former is med-low and the latter is low. I would really like to know the exact measurement. Thanks!

i've got the calis in 29 and hoboken sugars in 31 so i dont have the measurements for u to compare

but one thing i am sure is that the cali has a higher rise (5 buttons) and hobokens have a relatively lower rise (4 buttons)

hope that help!

i've got the calis in 29 and hoboken sugars in 31 so i dont have the measurements for u to compare

but one thing i am sure is that the cali has a higher rise (5 buttons) and hobokens have a relatively lower rise (4 buttons)

hope that help!

How come 2 jeans' sizes are different? Does sugar wash run smaller than tag size? Because I was thinking about ordering one from denimbar but the biggest they have is 33 and I am usually 32-33. Do they stretch?

thanks

How come 2 jeans' sizes are different? Does sugar wash run smaller than tag size? Because I was thinking about ordering one from denimbar but the biggest they have is 33 and I am usually 32-33. Do they stretch?

thanks

the calis are raw, so i sized down to 29, and with the sugars, i bought the 31' because they were cheap and i am probably a 30 in them

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone have any experience with how drowned calis (or maybe even calis in general) and hobokens fit in the same size? some pictures i've seen of calis make them look sort of baggy in the thighs, but arthur's look really slim. i tried on some size 28 hobokens and the fit was super skinny all throughout, but still really nice.