Julian Red denim

apu

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does the d2 fit? i'm thinking about getting a pair of detroits. is it the same fit?

I think the D2 sorrows fit closer to a cali.....but I am not totally sure....I heard they fit similar to a 1947....but maybe a little more slim on the bottom.......maybe someone else can shed some light??

The D2 is a hybrid between the Detroit and Cali, pretty much inbetween the two when it comes to width and rise.

So, the D2 is a little loser and higher than the Cali. They still have a fairly small hem though, as do the Detroit.

They all have the hip flare or slight anti-fit up top so that's why the D2 can give you the same feel as a 47 501 worn low. The D2 has a smaller hem than the 47 but otherwise the leg width is sort of similar.

I've recently been able to score a pair of old Cali No Wash and a pair of Detroit No Wash, both from 2004. Wearing the Detroit for the first time today and I DIG.

post pics of how the detroits fit.

ahh and im looking for a pair of dark dancers in size 29 (just 29). i missed out on the pair winq had for sale recently and i cant find these anywhere, so, if anybody has a pair, let me know.

heres some pictures of my pair of sugars. i have been wearing them on and off for the last 10 months, rotating with other jeans, but this was def the pair i wore most. the complete predistressed right back pocket finally tore apart two months ago. the last time i visited my parents my mother repaired it by taking off the complete pocket and fixing it with excess fabric from hemmed jeans. its tearing apart again though, you can already see the spots where the brown weft comes through. these where washed maybe 6 or 7 times because im a lazy slob.

dscn1586lw1.jpg

dscn1589et9.jpg

Just got my D2 Sorrow's......it felt like I was putting on a pair or pants made from sheet metal......these things are STIFF!!!!......I will post some measurements, pics, etc when I get back from the office......

Crap.....I think my thighs are losing circulation.......

Here we go.....some nice D2 sorrow info....

measurements on a 34/34

waist - 34"

inseam - 33.5"

FR - 11.5"

RR - 15.75"

Knee - 9"

Hem - 8.25"

And the pics..........I am loving these so far......but after one hour of wear, they are tearing the hell out the back of my knees......

d21.jpg

d22.jpg

d23.jpg

d24.jpg

d25.jpg

d29.jpg

d28.jpg

d26.jpg

d212.jpg

Thanks.......I can tell they are gong to be a bitch to break in.....but the fit is really nice......I was a little concerned they were going to be too tapered.....but they fit spot on.....kinda like a 501......almost....

I think that fit looks great flyordie.

I just bought some Nikki Sixx's in 32" for 30 quid second hand. From what I've seen/read Julian Reds are good jeans and I'd been planning on getting a pair for a while, just hope these ones fit.

P.S. They've got some Julian Reds in stock over at bespoke boutique