new pbj model

nettiemoore

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest from Gordon; supposed to be the same cut as 005 model:

We were told by Pure Blue the the 007 is cut from the pattern as the 005 although there may be a slight variance between pairs which is the norm for every brand and style we carry.

Regards,

Gordon

did u see the 3rd detailed pic down? if that's not slubby, don't know what is. must... have... these...

Saw the pic. Maybe it's different denim, but when i was shown a sample of what the denim will be like, it was slightly different. Either way, 006 denim is what i was told it will have.

BWT...Those will not fade anytime soon. Are there any pics of indigo warpXweft jeans that have actually faded?

Posted this on the PBJ XX-005 thread but not sure if I should actually move it here since I'm really asking about the XX-007. I'm wondering about sizing. Maybe you guys can help?

Here's what I can tell you guys:

My waist 2" down from my belly button is 30".

Here are pics of my Somet 008 Slims that have a 8.25" front rise so they sit hella low. They have a 11.5" upper thigh. These are measured at 32" in the waist and are around 1.5" to 2" too big since I can fit 2 fingers (stacked). Notice how low it sits to my belly button. I'm guessing a 30" would fit perfectly but a 29" would be better since it would stretch out anyway.

CIMG3295.jpg

SometFront.jpg

SometBack.jpg

SometRight.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a 29W in the XX-007. Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

^ depends on what you do and how often... i heard people saying that the PBJ's are so hard to break in, but one of my friends rides his bike 3-4 days a week and after 2 months the fading was getting on quite nice..

BWT...Those will not fade anytime soon. Are there any pics of indigo warpXweft jeans that have actually faded?

i've seen samples of faded nando x nando denim and they are amazingly contrasty. this is because the core of the yarns are white. here's one sample from their website:

nando_fade.jpg

my guess is that there's a good chance these new pbjs will be similar to these, except much slubbier.

i've seen samples of faded nando x nando denim and they are amazingly contrasty. this is because the core of the yarns are white. here's one sample from their website:

nando_fade.jpg

my guess is that there's a good chance these new pbjs will be similar to these, except much slubbier.

you evil chicken!!! i was resisting buying until you posted this

resistance is futile!

by the way, i forgot to mention, my other guess is that these will fade just as quickly as the xx-005s. the speed of the fade has less to do with the color of the wefts, but more to do with how dyed or undyed the core of the yarn is.

hmm, I don't really like how that looks, which is a good thing for my wallet...

nando_fade.jpg

I was commenting on the fade on the Nandos. If the 007's would fade anything like those, I won't like it...

I was commenting on the fade on the Nandos. If the 007's would fade anything like those, I won't like it...

yeah, personally i dont like how those nando's fade either. if the 007 is going to fade like that, then that'll be easier for me to pass on these. too bad no one knows for sure... this is a hard decision.

it makes sense that they would fade very contrasty in the vertical direction. unlike denim with white/ecru weft, a warp thread that fades to the white core will not blend with the white weft it is woven into. as the outward edge of the weft thread will never get abraded as much as the warp (as the majority of its surface area is against your leg) it probably will never be able to attain the general lap and seat fading you'd expect from normal denim...those blue weft threads just won't fade on that side...

incidentally (an incredibly technically) i don't believe these can even be called "denim" in a (albeit very strict) sense of the term. textile engineers define denim as a 2 to 1 weave with Indigo warp and white or ecru weft. obviously, that's a text book definition, but i just find it interesting. In fact, some textile textbooks even qualify it has having to be right hand twill...:rolleyes: