what are you eating today?

soepom

nah man, bubbies from hawaii is THE best.

150dhrw5.jpg

femelle, if your in the city, i know bob san on division and meiji on randolph both carry this stuff. freaking unbelieveable, everything from green tea/red bean basics to raspberry white chocolate and other seasonal stuff.

the problem with the one in the box is the quality inconsistency. sometimes the mochi is nice and chewy, and sometimes it just crumbles on you. and its always too hard and hard to eat.

Why haven't I been there before! Thank you, love; I'll take your advice.

Last night I made:

Chicken: Marinated for two hours with a mixture of honey, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, and garlic. Then baked for 30-35 minutes at 425ish.

Mushrooms: Sauteed with yellow onion, garlic, black peppercorn, extra virgin olive oil, a touch of parsley and salt.

Bread: Whole Wheat Kaiser Roll from the A&P (did not make obviously)

march01dinner.JPG

ATTN: all you nyc cats out there, if you havent yet hit up cafeteria i recommend you do so asap. shit is banginnn, like all dank comfort foods, i had these fish and chips for mahself (bangin), lady friend had the meatloaf and mashed potatoes because shes one of the few girls around here who actually knows how to eat, though she got full and lemme finish them (bangin) and the cappuccino i had to finish it off (no vis) was.. bangin. but, as one can see thanks to the, once again, inferior as tits iphone camera, the place is on that mood lighting tip, i apologize for the fucked up levels

3327884989_67115e31ec.jpg

3327884985_c57b7d92e8.jpg

also, this is what its about, breakfast food, delivered, at 2 am- pancakes, tomato/pepper/shroom/feta omelet, sausage, bacon, skillet potatoes

3327210929_a7866582cb.jpg

^^jeep, depending on the amount of work needed, i could be sooooo down.

^you, ive seen that shit on the travel channel or something, and all i can say is im pretty sure you are right. isnt there hella donuts somewhere in texas too? iunno, dont really matter, not like im mad into donuts, jus' sayin' i remember something about em one place or other (in texas)

ive got a friend in austin, once im baller enough id love to go visit her and peep all the eats. another friend from school will be there soon to play in SXSW, wish i could go with, already skipped too much class though :[

I haven't been here in ages....

if you use/still follow my syd food blog we've moved to a new domain name: http://www.herecomesthefood.com.au

one of my recent write-ups: Kobe Jones @ King St Wharf

http://www.herecomesthefood.com.au/?p=163

3291689729_fb523c5351.jpg

Number One Special

3291690193_5c09cb30a2.jpg

Volcano Roll

3291684087_c374a525dc.jpg

Green Tea Salmon

3291683499_30f7b126de.jpg

Mushroom Medley Salad

This stuff looks like vomit and totally goes against japanese food aesthetics.

[quote name='dino might!;1688679

^you' date=' ive seen that shit on the travel channel or something, and all i can say is im pretty sure you are right. isnt there hella donuts somewhere in texas too? iunno, dont really matter, not like im mad into donuts, jus' sayin' i remember something about em one place or other (in texas)

ive got a friend in austin, once im baller enough id love to go visit her and peep all the eats. another friend from school will be there soon to play in SXSW, wish i could go with, already skipped too much class though :[[/quote']

There's a few good donut joints around that I know. One by campus is open 24 hours and got kolaches and samosas, too. Yeah. Samosas.

There's this place in Dallas that I've never been to, but my friends posted about on their food blog recently and I've gotta get there asap, even though donuts aren't my thing at all, either:

http://thelittledish.com/2009/strawberry-hugs/

sxsw time is always crazy. free shows with free beer are nice.

looking

^18th and 7th. i wont lie, its not dirt cheap, but the drinks are less expensive than many clubs if thats any indication? i worked in a restaurant back home for a year or so, the dickhead general manager told me it was classified as "affordable upscale", i s'pose cafeteria falls into the same category. decent atmosphere and pretty people working there too, i'd say it'd be a nice place to take a date without totally breaking the bank, not like the portions are skimpy either which is always a plus.

*oh, and its also open 24/7

someone needs to pay me to be a food critic.

I mean, we could do a blog, but objectively speaking, I think a grass-roots sorta photocopier zine deal would be better - food reviews, street-level talk, pictures, etc.

make the food tours into something, namsayin?

charge like $2 an issue... sheeeeeit, we'd make a killing.

This stuff looks like vomit and totally goes against japanese food aesthetics.

im so fucking tired of hearing this shit. obviously, that's not what they were going for. "sushi" has permeated just about every culture of the world, many of them through an americanized filter. unless these places are advertising authenticity and faithfulness to the original, who gives a shit what "aesthetic" or what visual appeal the place goes with. Whatever regurgitation some of it might look like, the shit probably tasted good as fuck. maybe i'm just a disgusting american, but when things are smothered in cheese and delicious creamy sauces i'll probably enjoy them. case in point: most volcano rolls.

48_l.jpg

MMM FUCKING MMM DELICIOUS NON-CONFORMITY TO TRADITIONAL STANDARDS.

I mean, we could do a blog, but objectively speaking, I think a grass-roots sorta photocopier zine deal would be better - food reviews, street-level talk, pictures, etc.

I wanna pit this to all NYC sufu'ers, and I'd say HK and all other foodies in various areas do the same. Street level guys - we know best cause we eat for realz!

long as it pays for mah food excursions im game

long as it pays for mah food excursions im game

we could game on some lesser known but mad decent places for exposure. just gotta convince them that we're notable and that people read the thing and we can get free/discounted meals. Used to do this in my hometown when I was doing reviews for school newspaper. Gotta be real slick though.