what are you eating today?

soepom

jwied creative combination of foods. sounds like it'll be pretty tasty actually!

whizkit damn the lychees look so luscious. nothing like the real deal! although the sugary ones in syrup are great too.

meader aha! i should've known blood pudding is swedish. as always, my swedish fetish manifests itself even when i'm unawares.

family dinner out yesterday:

685105145_e8ed9d01cc.jpg

685105235_9d33336ea7.jpg

685105255_98e49bc379.jpg

685105345_87c51819f7.jpg

685105369_209333b4b8.jpg

685105467_76da6411b4.jpg

chardonnay, scallop nested in crispy yam, sambal kangkong vegetable, black pepper crab, chilli crab (deep-fried bun not pictured), seafood mee goreng

lunch today:

wayet0701aaf1.jpg

steamed egg custard with clams, grilled mushrooms, miso soup, zucchini, rice cakes, shisamo (pregnant fish), mango

mum's new dessert concoction:

wayet0701bob5.jpg

coffee jelly with kahlua (or some coffee liqueur), topped with a dollop of coconut cream.

supper out:

wayet0701ckn7.jpg

soupy prawn noodles. piping hot and very flavourful. uber comforting at the end of a physically and emotionally strenuous day of work.

Yet another chi-chi soiree tonight...

P1040722.jpg

P1040724.jpg

Peking duck with mango salsa and rocket salad

P1040725.jpg

Barramundi fillet with roasted vegetables and pan-fried watercress in Chervil butter

P1040726.jpg

The mochas of tomatoes with middle east spices

P1040731.jpg

Loin of lamb (:D !) wrapped in Pancetta, crispy potatoes skins with masala-ed cauliflower puree and white beans.

P1040734.jpg

Passionfruit parfait for dessert.

Ole!

here in singapore, they used to boil curdled pigs blood and throw it into a dish consisting of all the other pig's inerts. it tasted fucking amazing.

so im kinda imaging how blood pudding tastes like. damn i bet its awesome.

superBobo - blood pudding is definitely on my to-try list now. in fact there's this swedish restaurant i've been meaning to try out so i hope they serve it there. :)

lunch at home:

wayet0702asc0.jpg

chicken curry, crispy prata, assorted fruit and veg

dessert:

wayet0702bbl4.jpg

coffee jelly reprise

Why Doesnt Soepom Talk To Me Anymooorre. Just because I dont have pictures she makes me feel like an outcast.

tsk dahling that's because i didn't see your post til AFTER my last post. must've gone up while i was waiting for imageshack to give me the damn links to my photos.

but WHY don't you have pictures? i consider you a part of the cuisine team. you let me down man.

cuz she's an elitist.

yes i am. that's why you've hung out with me at my joint before.

Ah, yes. I'm happy to see you guys talking about blood pudding. It's definitely one of my favourite swedish dishes. Although I'm not sure if I would want to eat it without the right fittings. Carrots, lingonberry jam and bacon. At least that's how I do it. The taste is very interesting. Sweet, yet a little spicy.

whizkit - props for whipping out the camera at a wedding dinner! i actually chickened out on my recent attendance.

man, that's a shame thomas. i on the other hand, had some pretty damn good fauxpanese for lunch.

wayet0703aif2.jpg

wayet0703btv5.jpg

wayet0703cwu8.jpg

gindara teriyaki, sashimi salad, miso soup, fruits

whizkit - props for whipping out the camera at a wedding dinner! i actually chickened out on my recent attendance.

well, it was my cousin's wedding and I was sitting with my family which took up the whole table, so they wasn't much of an issue of looking like a weirdo.

meader - i hope you didn't gnaw the animal to death :eek:.