what are you eating today?

soepom

CIMG2028.JPG

cheesy beefy melt with japaleno peppers, taco supreme with jalapeno peppers

looks like shit, tastes like cambodian breast milk

+1. stand tall! we live in an age that condemns fast food, maybe for a lot of the right reasons. but that shit will hook you up aight. it's like 6 dollars for a ridiculous meal that'll pretty much put your stomach on lock for the rest of the day. the only reason people are fucking fat is because they drive to and from mcdonalds and eat it on the couch. you can usually catch me biking around with a bag of mcdonalds or burger king or someth. i like fruit and veg too, it's just all abt. balance.

shared it with my family. that's a lot of fries, even for a big eater like me.

it might seem like an epicurean blasphemy, but i like mcdonald's. it's more than just some fastfood junk to me. there's a good deal of sentimentality attached to eating there. i'd eat it anyday.

I got no pics of it, but I had leftover mac and cheese with polish kielbasa that the girlfriend made for dinner last night. It wasn't some box-made trash, though. Elbow macaroni, extra sharp cheddar, monterey jack, aged white cheddar, and parmasean. Baked for 45 minutes so it gets that crust on top. God damn.

it might seem like an epicurean blasphemy, but i like mcdonald's. it's more than just some fastfood junk to me. there's a good deal of sentimentality attached to eating there. i'd eat it anyday.

Overseas McD is so different from US McD. When I was in HK, I could eat McD pretty much every darn day without ever getting sick of it. All the burgers and even the fries tasted slightly different from their US counterparts, but those small differences made them so much better. They even served fried chicken at McD and, to this day, i still hold on to the fact that it was the best fried chicken i've ever had.

In the US, i cant eat a whole McD meal without feeling nauseous afterwards. My body feels heavy and all I want to do is drink more water to dilute the pot of grease i've just ingested. it's disgusting. i only eat at McD rarely but I always ask myself why I keep going back.

I think the difference has a lot to do with how McD is perceived in the US and overseas. In the US, it's just junk food. pretty much the crappiest food you can eat, the shit you'll go for when you're broke cause it's cheap. And the workers treat it like such. In HK, although not exactly fine dining, McD is at least a step up. The food is still cheap (cheaper, even) but it never really feels like junk food. This can be perceived in how clean they keep the restaurant, how you're greeted by the workers, right down to how your food is prepared. Ain't no shame in eating at McD.

i dunno about the rest of the world but going to mcdonalds used to be like "something special" when i was a kid in singapore. then as a teenager, you always hung out at mcd. hell, some kids even study there... probably still do. there's just too many mcdonalds, with air conditioning, seats and lowish prices. i think singapore might actually have the highest concetration of fast food joints given how tiny it is.

now, i've completely sworn off mcdonalds for professional reasons but i don't look upon it with complete disdain, still some nostalgia in fact.

on another note, Mos burger > mcd.

The portions are also different, than the US McDonalds.

Less grease is held up in the burgers...

All my time being in the Philippines and eating McDonalds, not once has my Quarter Pounder dripped...

I order a Double Cheeseburger here... Its either dripping as Im eating it... Or making the wrapping, napkins, and paper bag drenched in grease...

FANTAZMO

I was horrified at how the US Macdonalds portions were not as large as I envisioned when I came here.

You eat McDs in phillipines? Jollibee > McD

they both deliver to your house. ill shit.

Don't go to the ones in the UK, you could get e-coli thrown in free with your meal.

It's funny how McDonalds is perseeved in the East compared to the West. I haven't touched a McDonalds for five years. I'd only go in one to go for a McShit.

Fuck, I at Burger King at the airport last night.

Most of the Mc Donalds in Vienna started putting number locks on their bathroom doors, so only customers can use them. But everyone will open the door for you so it doesnt matter.

yep this mcD talk is intriguing and i'd agree:

as crillz said, it's really about balance, cliche as it might sound.

and like a few of you have mentioned, it's true, mcD's varies from country to country. i sometimes find myself wandering into a mcD when I'm in a new place, just to compare the different prices, and what is unique to the local menu. it's like a common denominator. i guage the cost of living based on the price of an extra value meal.

kpnv you speak the truth.

(and my favourite fastfood is MOS burger too)

it's strange, even my mum for all her cooking skills, enjoys eating the occasional fastfood. i know for a fact she loves the all-batter-no-real-food stuff at long john silvers.

anyways.

lunch at home today:

wayet1208ayp7.jpg

wayet1208bwr5.jpg

i didn't actually eat this, but i must have been to at least thirty weddings by now, and this is definitely the prettiest wedding cake i've seen:

wayet1208dcl7.jpg

i did however, take a bite out of the gingerbread village in the hotel lobby:

wayet1208eze1.jpg

wayet1208cem0.jpg

okay okay... i lie. the display is preserved and stuff, but there are bowls placed amidst the display filled with edible (at least i hope so...) cookies and candy.

i've been to one of the burger kings in london and you guys just don't seem to have the gist down with fast food quite yet :rolleyes:... however ironically i will eat at a mcdonalds but would probably never set foot in the bathroom.

Don't go to the ones in the UK, you could get e-coli thrown in free with your meal.

It's funny how McDonalds is perseeved in the East compared to the West. I haven't touched a McDonalds for five years. I'd only go in one to go for a McShit.

maybe not so much on eating it everyday but i agree

and the wings in asia are amazing!

fries have lost some of their flavour in Canada, but i wanna try that seaweed condement looks dope

Guest sousvide

Made a little omellete yesterday. 3 eggs, bacon, chanterelles, red onion, brie cheese, chervil. Probably one of the first omelletes I've ever made and didnt want to eat it with ketchup. And ya I know, there's too much colour on the outside of eggs.

dsc01333kn5.jpg

dsc01338if2.jpg

And OF COURSE I am drinking julmust.

mat-apotekarens-julmust.jpg

Apotekarnes tastes like crap(bull). I prefer julmust from the local brewery of Hammar, tapped on glass bottle.

Hammars_2.jpg

Tonight I'll be drinking glögg with some almonds and raisins in it. At the moment Saturnus is my favorite, but I would also like to recommend Dufvenkrooks cloudberry-glögg, great sweetness and very refreshing actually.