what are you eating today?

soepom

• 3 weeks later...

dont know where else to put this. theres no "gardening" thread, but anyways i was at the local asian market the other day and they had a bunch of plants and im pretty sure i got myself some sawtooth coriander. pretty hard to find at a market...

photo8_zps413096a8.jpg

Some favorites from home the past few weeks:

tumblr_inline_mi13g1D8nJ1qz4rgp.jpg

Avocado, citrus, Zamorano cheese, hazelnuts, guanciale

Damn, guanciale? I've been looking for that around my parts and I haven't been able to find it. But I haven't been looking too hard. You think it's worth the trouble to find it?

made eye of round roast. like the duck, $2/lb why the hell not

followed some random recipe 475 F @ 7 minutes per pound, then turn it off and leave it in there for 2.5 hours. it actually did a wonderful job cooking it and making this lean cut of meat pretty soft

it's no angus prime rib but for the price would definitely do again

8591908635_1860ace53e_z.jpg

Edited by _ironman

Damn, guanciale? I've been looking for that around my parts and I haven't been able to find it. But I haven't been looking too hard. You think it's worth the trouble to find it?

It was great, but I haven't eaten much guanciale at all. Nice and nutty...almost all fat. There is this new little butcher shop/salumeria in austin and I went in during their pre-opening "open house" to buy some lardo. Talked to one of the dudes for a while and he sent me home with some of the guanciale to try, too. The lardo was cured with paprika and was awesome.

Made this the other day. Bay scallops, carrots and beets roasted with vanilla, vanilla and katsuobushi panna cotta, grapefruit supremes marinated in fish sauce, sorrel yogurt, black radish:

tumblr_inline_mjysecUVzx1qz4rgp.jpg

And happy morel season, everyone (morels, ricotta, vermouth pan sauce):

tumblr_mkj91c0Rgf1rtggwvo1_500.jpg

RCDL0rl.png

Made cheeseburgers with my first attempt at making brioche buns. Too busy making the next batch to take proper photos.

Edit: v2. Made these ones with gruyere cheese, caramelised onions and rosemary aoli.

InpV72v.jpg

Edited by okonomi

It was great, but I haven't eaten much guanciale at all. Nice and nutty...almost all fat. There is this new little butcher shop/salumeria in austin and I went in during their pre-opening "open house" to buy some lardo. Talked to one of the dudes for a while and he sent me home with some of the guanciale to try, too. The lardo was cured with paprika and was awesome.

Yo man, recipe for the miso tuille?