what are you eating today?

soepom

Cuban burger...

6212830446_79d4c70253.jpg

Beef/pork/chorizo patty with triple cooked chips

Revisited a favourite haunt of mine Spuntinos with the lady...

6215538646_a9b7ae36c4.jpg

Pulled pork and ground bone marrow sliders

6215018147_ff654c9000.jpg

Truffle egg toast

6215543350_503d8fcac2.jpg

Calamari squid ink and chick peas

Desserts...

6214595957_d6458f291d.jpg

Carrot cake

6192900575_c07939dd0b.jpg

Scoop of locally made Norfolk ice cream and chocolate cake

6208765887_50dfdd9049.jpg

Lemon drizzle cake with hot chocolate

6214611343_c49197bb62.jpg

Princi

ok since me and my gf moved in together we been making crazy burgs. theres a butcher like a block from where we live that has the BEST BEEF i've EVER eaten. we ate all of these burgers rare. in the one pic, thats not a drop of ketchup its blooood.

first up is montreal style all dressed (american cheese, mustard, relish, diced onions, coleslaw and tomato)

z92vj.jpg

next two are similar, both have american cheese bacon sauteed onion and mushroom and a fried egg, one just has avocado and 2x the sautee

UL9e0.jpg

WBEms.jpg

then a little spaghetti carbonara for fun

ijm2n.jpg

LA

some place in Eagle Rock. Normally I get snobby about "authentic" Mexican food even though I'm a white girl and have no idea what I'm talking about, but this was awesome, period. Duck confit, boar, fried avocado, fish something, duck chicharones, crazy corn.

2isnxk.jpg

Nobu, didn't take any pics during the meal but you know, birthday once a year...bananas foster green tea crepe is so good. also rob reiner was there. laff.

2a822ip.jpg

can't decide whether to give props for having the imagination to put an egg, caviar and gouda on a pulled pork sandwich, or contend that none of those belong anywhere near good barbeque, and that sandwich is the most bougie creation I've ever seen.

perhaps this is symptomatic of going to too many of the "world's best restaurants"? what's next, shark fin foam on a peanut butter & jelly?

maybe I'm just jealous that I've never been to elBulli.