what are you eating today?

soepom

The Library in Norwich...

6186991986_56c2e57bef.jpg

Chef's selection platter

6186475931_f57e2357f3.jpg

Wood-grilled house burger served with tomato, cos lettuce and pickles with bacon, BBQ sauce and smoked applewood cheddar. Burger was really good, tasty and juicy which was a pleasant surprise.

6187058360_40f92eeac0.jpg

6186486397_fd44c5eb2c.jpg

6186997874_3f300771b3.jpg

Crispy confit duck leg served with spring cabbage and ginger and Italian style mashed potatoes. The missus looking unimpressed (and rightly so, it wasn't very good at all)

Metfield @ Louis' Delicatessen

6189683396_dabeaea42f.jpg

6189156287_fae25fc076.jpg

leftover chinese food (the noodles) so i cooked up some garlic/pepperoncino rapini and shrimp and made it way more delicious

1zvx5hw.jpg

also made dinner last night for my brother and i. presentation on both of these was much nicer than they look but i didn't take pics til they were almost done cuz i was hungry. beet salad, beet leaves and basil with sauteed beets, goat cheese and walnuts with a little vinaigrette

zklq8w.jpg

cooked this tomato sauce for like six hours... basic mirepoix with an orange pepper that was kicking around my fridge, san maranzano tomatoes, thyme and basil near the end. it was super reduced and stupid good. oh and a hot italian sausage sliced up for a little extra, on fresh linguine. plus the rapini that i had to get rid of somehow, on the side.

2zso7ly.jpg

loled @ the image of someone str8 chillin on a plane with a bigass box of pizza. foreal though, there's so many fucken rules and for some reason i was under the impression you couldn't bring open food past security unless it fit in your carry-on meh

yeah I hear you. i have seen people carrying in/out and burritos leaving lax

You can carry food, just no liquids - after all, they don't even fucken give you food any more if you fly in the US, you have to buy that shit from the food court now. Higher probability you'd down the plane with that 20 oz of Coke than a burrito, red level security terrorism alert I guess.

Carrying a pizza on a plane is pretty obnoxious though, only because everybody else will get off the plane smelling like garlic and sausage, that smell will travel quickly in the tiny domestic planes that don't circulate air properly - those things were made in the '60's.