what are you eating today?

soepom

Putting our new grill to use.

IMG_1xxdds102.jpg

Mozzarella and Jalapeño stuffed Turkey burger, Rosemary Parmesan fries, Cucumbers, Cherry and Grape Tomatoes.

IMG_11xsdf04.jpg

Snatching fries...

IMG_1dddss103.jpg

IMG_1xxxs085.jpg

Steak and Pasta Salad.

IMG_109dddsx7.jpg

Shiitake Ravioli and some amazing herb bread with mozzarella that B made.

39775_461586816288_500781288_6222036_1901732_n.jpg

39171_461587246288_500781288_6222048_2141541_n.jpg

I slow cooked the fuck out of this pork shoulder then threw it on some french bread with lettuce, onion, cilantro, and tomatoes. Delicious.

Hosted a 5 course dinner party with one of the dudes from Food Jammers, unfortunately my camera died after a couple shots.

dsc7797.jpg

dsc7798.jpg

Amuse-bouche: Sprout Flower Bouquet (sunflower, garden pea, radish daikon, rapini, alfalfa, wrapped in carrot strand, on an endive leaf with red quinoa 'earth'. Seasoned with poppyseeds, and olive oil)

39737101502474138205371.jpg

Shitty point and shoot shot of the salad course consisting of green peas, julienne of sugar snap peas, various sprouts, and torn basil with a mint and poppy seed vinaigrette.

And finally today:

dsc7807o.jpg

Cinnamon and star anise infused pork ribs with a garlic-hoisin glaze and slaw.

Simpler fare. Nothing very cohesive, just snaps of great meals taken in passing. Not so much a big epic dinner as it is really just everyday eats. Here we go..

Quick lunch at home, Sausage Rolls. Ever since trying it the first time, I've been a big fan of slow cooking Sausages, 5 minutes a side on the lowest heat. Cooks it perfectly and leaves enough room towards the end for a sear if you want it a bit crispier. That left enough time for caramelizing onions, red ones since that's what we commonly keep in the pantry. Butter roll, and mayonnaise, reaching out to some sort of equatorial, south american parallelism, (wow was that a mouthful) to balance the flavors.

4825615325_56eb36913e_b.jpg

4826224570_8a32f25292_b.jpg

I wont ramble so long about the next few dishes as they're pretty straight forward.

Late night (let the traffic pass) dinner, Gekikara Ramen.

4825615815_e11ed8c787_b.jpg

4826225136_b5076d2f75_b.jpg

Desert, an order of Ichigo Ice split for two.

4825616397_35db872aaf_b.jpg

Dinner. Judging by the Lechon Macau (Pork Belly) and Wonton Soup, it must have been hellish.

4825616851_5b715bae9b_b.jpg

Guest I LOVE LFC

Last night shift on my block of shifts which means chinese order!!!

Salt & pepper chicken wings

Singapore vermicelli

Prawn crackers

Curry sauce

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Chinese is sounding good. Something with a decent garlic sauce, maybe do a double stop to also grab some of my favorite wonton soup. Got a spot with awesome dumplings and a shitton of lemongrass and leaf broccoli stirred in. mmmhhmmmm.

Chinese is sounding good. Something with a decent garlic sauce, maybe do a double stop to also grab some of my favorite wonton soup. Got a spot with awesome dumplings and a shitton of lemongrass and leaf broccoli stirred in. mmmhhmmmm.

I feel like szechuan shit for fire in my mouth. Would sit outside and eat it while broiling in the miserable heat we have in Dallas right now and just sweat for hours.

Look at this shit: http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=dallas,+tx+weather&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Bre took me to a local Smokehouse Barbeque for a good lunch.

IMG_11xcvs09.jpg

Pulled Chicken on Jalapeño Cornbread.

IMG_11cag11.jpg

The Jalapeño Cornbread was so good. Going to try to make it ourselves tonight.

IMG_11ssdfw10.jpg

Salad w/ Goat Cheese.

IMG_11dsdf07.jpg

Pulled Chicken and Mushroom Mozzarella Pesto Sandwich with some awesome spicy fries.