what are you eating today?

soepom

^ no japaneseseasoning-sansho_lg.jpg?

Hope it was imported from Japan. The ones imported from china,taiwan etc and such are farmed in really gross conditions. Know that they are raised and harvested in sewer water.

You cant even be safe buying eel in Japan

"

The Hyogo and Tokushima prefectural police suspect that 256 tons of Chinese eel were labeled and sold as coming from the Mikawa-Isshiki area of Aichi Prefecture, earning Osaka-based trader Uohide, the suspected organizer of the mislabeling, 300 million yen in profit."

That's some shitty ass sansho btw.

"The Hyogo and Tokushima prefectural police suspect that 256 tons of Chinese eel were labeled and sold as coming from the Mikawa-Isshiki area of Aichi Prefecture, earning Osaka-based trader Uohide, the suspected organizer of the mislabeling, 300 million yen in profit."

Least we can take comfort that in a Japanese prison somewhere, he's being ass raped. Repeatedly.

Oddly enough, I didn't have any semblance of 420 this year. I blame it on the thesis, mounds of work to be done.. Oh well, nothing to curb stress like a bowl of noodles. Same seats, curry ramen, the usual noodles swap for udon, and an ice cream topped strawberry snow cone desert (Ichigo Ice was what they called it).

4530394102_a02e2c442d_o.jpg

4529762813_5bd996f1b6_o.jpg

4530394258_67e579d1c4_o.jpg

4530394638_00ed1341d9_o.jpg

Post exhibit fallout. After maxing out on my artsy-ness for the week, beers were in order, that and cheap eats (sate and spring rolls, 200 pesos, roughly.. 4 dollars, 25-30 peso beer. )

4529763161_60a1dcf43a_o.jpg

Cheap being the operative word for the night, vodka of the equal value (65 pesos) was consumed at my place. Not the best idea, a preemptive hangover cure was in order. Found myself frying kielbasa in butter and oil. Not the best casing meant valuable juices were spewing out the sausage and into the pan, hence the brilliant (not the healthiest) decision to shallow fry the baguette in it.

4529763299_73a59ac565_o.jpg

4529763467_539b751f23_o.jpg

4529763677_43ff767269_o.jpg

Bread was too good (spicy, butter, fat, olive oil convergence happening). Sausage was overdone, but hell, I figure its better than eating undercooked meat at 4 in the morning.

tried out this one place called spicy pickle. it was pretty good

i got the "Bronx" its corned beef coleslaw and swiss cheese

There's one of these joints right by campus down here. I've had salads and soup there, but never a sandwich. Nothing special really...just another chain.