what are you eating today?

soepom

I love how KFC in the US comes out with the Double Down, and here in Manila we come out with this pita wrapped crap concept fail called the Chicken Pizza Twister. And, if it didn't add insult enough they removed the previous pita wrap thing which actually tasted pretty damn good. (Asian Chicken Gogo, shades of Peking duck without a lot of imagination needed too.)

Blah, considering how damn pork and grease-centric we are of a food culture, I'm surprised how we don't have Double Big Macs yet and the sort. Must be a conservative catholic church hang up..

On the bright side, Least the food at home is good. Back to back nights of Paella, Russian Potato Salad, and Steak. First..

4529759899_3eaac41589_o.jpg

Second... The Mom's been working on her cooking times trying to get the right amount of bite on the rice, getting close. Cooked the steak this time around as, well, nobody else is patient enough to leave them alone on the pan, and let them rest afterwards.

4530392004_23ed98346c_o.jpg

4529760759_1e95b7acaf_o.jpg

4529761015_e28c4cacab_o.jpg

4530391868_7d04b615af_o.jpg

one of things my workplace does quite well. people love this shit. basically just fried pastry dough with a hollow center.our Zeppole is served with our house chocolate blend and honey with powdered sugar.

such a great item from a food cost standpoint. i could get fat off these if i didn't have motivation to get my abs back.

3307153420_608808d0fd.jpg?v=0

Same MSG laden Chinese Restaurant (not complaining). The "Hong Kong smell" just completes it really. For dinner was almost the same thing, Seafood Hot and Sour, Vegetable Rice, Sweet Sour Pork, and China Fried Chicken (Probably not the real menu name).

4530392696_f8f630ab66_o.jpg

4529761245_5c9a9674d7_o.jpg

4530393258_3aa4315876_o.jpg

4530393032_a4ae88b863_o.jpg

I live in Denmark... we have our own eel farms. As if anyone would invest in importing shit fish from China when you can get quality right here.

I didn't know that Denmark had it's own eel farms. I just assumed nonJapan Asia cause what you are eating/posting looked as such.

I prefer mine to be caught wild...

BTW I am genuinely curious about the conditions of your country's eel farms. Is it that much more superior to all those other asian countries?

^ Wow, shiz online somehow get political/sour real quick, and this is just food we're talking about here. (That or I'm just missing the humor in it. The word superior just sets off alarm bells for me.)

There's eel farms everywhere producing quality Eel. Watch the Food Channel (or Travel and Living) enough and you'll see that places like New Zealand and Australia (for the nonJapan Asia, or atleast close to Asia region) farming eels in man made ponds beautifully set in the nooks and feet of grassy hills (that'll put the Shire to shame). And, considering how much the French and English fancy them, I wouldn't be surprised if there were eel farms in those places as well.

That said, I'm sure that more than guarantees no-ones interest in importing sewer water farmed eel from China or Taiwan. (Not that they're bad as I'm sure some farms are producing quality eel there too.)

Here's dinner and desert the other day. Banana Walnut Waffles after a heavy serving of Beef Pepper Rice. Delicious, yes. Healthy, probably not.

4529761821_b3ca8c1d41_o.jpg

4530393748_21e3a90708_o.jpg

4530393924_0bfe695c39_o.jpg