The Flight Jacket Thread

still

John GW is a one man show matey so he's usually a little slow to answer emails as he's also making jackets. Also he's just returned from a trip about a day or so ago so I imagine he'll get back to you soon. Trust me man, it's well worth the wait!

John just hired a new assistant called Maggie, she just reply me today.:D

Any idea of what you're getting?

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/gwdubow2_images3.html

This^^^, same leather. I like the front pockets position(not too wide), the pockets shape, the leather and everything.:cool:

Maggie said the fit would suit me just fine even though i'm REALLY skinny......she thinks the Werber sportswear would be better but i'm gonna stick with the 20960 instead......

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/gwdubow2_images3.html

This^^^, same leather. I like the front pockets position(not too wide), the pockets shape, the leather and everything.:cool:

Maggie said the fit would suit me just fine even though i'm REALLY skinny......she thinks the Werber sportswear would be better but i'm gonna stick with the 20960 instead......

I love my 39 Werber but the Dubow is also a very good choice.

• 2 weeks later...

as i started a part-time job in a Redwing store recently i met a customer today who wore a vintage Star Sportswear M 422,size 44, sealbrown goatskin, in unbelievable great condition,which he bought a few years back in the states for 150$.the nametag and emblems where removed,you could see still the stitching holes,the knits where in very good condition.i am aware that this post is useless without pics,but the store became so packed with customers that i wasnt able to take any.we talked shop a bit and it turns out out that he wasnt aware about a flightjacket scene as such.i had the Real McCoys Spec Report on display which he was amazed of.gave him some URLs to check,so hopefully pics of this awesome jacket will turn up at the VFJ forum eventually.he lives in Hamburg,if he ever comes back to the store i will make sure to take pics then,promised!

Pikebrothers N1-Deck Jacket coming soon:

http://www.pikebrothersshop.com/

slightly off this topic, but could you please comment on the quality of the pikebrothers b-10? being in the uk i have not had the chance to feel one in the flesh!

im looking for a fairly inexpensive winter warmer and just wondered how this compared to the likes of aero/eastmans?

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
What else was the guy wearing almostnice? Im thinking in terms of trousers and footwear rather than underwear:)

looks like a pair of 1950's speckled dress pants.... Not sure on a wide if that look goes with the flight jacket or not.

bought my first Alpha MA-1 back in '85,a must have amongst Mods/Scooterboys/Skinheads.had it for over ten years,good quality at that times.bought a M-65 in '95,which was a bit sloppy sewn together,esp.the extra winterlining suffered bad of loose threads.being aware of all the nicer repros out there,i believe i wouldnt buy Alpha again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...