The Flight Jacket Thread

still

Its here..No photos yet but first impression are very good. Goat is heavy. John said same weight as the original he has. The color is just a bit lighter than the original he has. It has vintage NOS knits and mounton. Some of the detail that are unique to the Monarch 422. The short pieced in windflap. NOS Talon slider. Black USN center under back collar. Inside pocket in the liner not the leather like other makers and other contracts. Large white size tag under the Monarch label. The goat is just outstanding. Photos coming....

+ Rep.

Beautiful jacket Allen, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

-Jake

John only makes 2 Navy jackets at the moment.

Heres some of his jackets

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/

He has other things besides what listed on his site so e mail him

Heres his site

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/index.html

I've owned all the major players McCoys, Eastman, Aero, F/S G&B and GW are the just incredible. The attention to detail is just amazing.

PS Tell John that I sent ya

Heres my Dubow 27798 and a good buds original that it was pattered after

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Dubow_04_sz52/

yes i thought your was the original one ,,, seriously man theyre very identical very very i might say 95%? shit is good i cant wait to order a g-1 if they make one already shoot them an email about it ha!

Thanks Af, you have made my life complete. I LOVE that M-422, and I must have one. Would rep you again but already did so. I will have to sell my A-2 and my other G-1 to pay for it. Then again, maybe I'll have to sell my car...

My wife will certainly divorce me if I bring yet another flight jacket into the house. I'll just have to sneak it in.

Thanks Af, you have made my life complete. I LOVE that M-422, and I must have one. Would rep you again but already did so. I will have to sell my A-2 and my other G-1 to pay for it. Then again, maybe I'll have to sell my car...

My wife will certainly divorce me if I bring yet another flight jacket into the house. I'll just have to sneak it in.

I'd say selling your G-1 and getting an M-422 is totally reasonable. I know a lot of people want every model of this and that, but I'd say one great jacket is worth a handful of okay ones (says the guy who's probably owned 15 reproductions in his life thus far).

I'd say selling your G-1 and getting an M-422 is totally reasonable. I know a lot of people want every model of this and that, but I'd say one great jacket is worth a handful of okay ones (says the guy who's probably owned 15 reproductions in his life thus far).

Thanks Jake.

My A-2 is an Aero goatskin which i bought before I knew much about them. It's ok, but I've always been on the lookout for a replacement/better alternative. My G-1 is just a Brill Bros 1968: Two a penny on Ebay (well, maybe not in a 46). The goat on it is pretty average. (Still desperate for a BR B-15c in a 44")

But that M-422 is on another planet !