The Flight Jacket Thread

still

I'd prefer getting my Aero custom made. You can send them a bunch of measurements and they will make a jacket that will fit you perfectly. They run true to size. I wear a 38 in all my shirts (40 flathead), and the my HG-5 is sized 38 (They modified the base model by adding an inch to body and sleeves to fit me).

whoaa are these guys really make em that well pretty cheap compared to jap repros

well anything compared to some of the jap repros are cheap...

I wouldn't call them cheap by any means...

Edmond, I had an Aero Cafe Racer, in black FQHH - and it was an armoured beast of a jacket. If I get another, I will get it in mid-weight horse hide. I don't ride motorcycles, so the FQHH is a bit much for me. That's just my 2 cents.

-Jake

agreed!

I had a highwayman in HFQHH and after 2 years I still never had that beast softened up...

Sold it and bought a half belt in mid weight HH and love it. Still stiff and strong, but after a year it has broken in nicely.

If you want a HFQHH I'd suggest buy it used and already broken in...

agreed!

I had a highwayman in HFQHH and after 2 years I still never had that beast softened up...

Sold it and bought a half belt in mid weight HH and love it. Still stiff and strong, but after a year it has broken in nicely.

If you want a HFQHH I'd suggest buy it used and already broken in...

Quoted and reppped for truth! If I could get a seriously vintage Front Quarter jacket I would, but I just don't wear them in otherwise.

Sweet work jacket! What maker is it? The brown color horsehide is really beautiful. What kind of zip does it have?

Californian brand with blackend talon zips. that's a shot of it just after being treated with pecards antique conditioner.... probably late 40's.

Very cool. Here's a couple photos of a half belt I posted in the workwear thread. My buddy Josh told me to pick this one up and I'm glad I did. It has a WWII blackened Conmar zip. Like yours the horsehide is quite soft and pliable but the lining is starting to show some serious wear.

frontII.jpg

backII.jpg

Thought I'd share some good pictures of my Real McCoy's Japan Stagg B-10 jacket. It's a very wearable size 44. I replaced their zipper puller with an original Conmar zipper puller.

Front:

DSCN1514.jpg?t=1233515790

Back:

DSCN1521.jpg?t=1233515820

Label:

DSCN1515.jpg?t=1233515846

Zipper Puller:

DSCN1516.jpg?t=1233515871

Shoulder Transfer:

DSCN1518.jpg?t=1233515901

Windflap Transfer:

DSCN1517.jpg?t=1233515937

Collar and Alpaca Lining:

DSCN1519.jpg?t=1233515966

Knits:

DSCN1520.jpg?t=1233515999

hi

whats the difference between the real mccoys japan and new zealand?

isnt it that the japan rmc are also made in new zealand? and the few is made in new zealand too right??

jake? help! cause theyre 1/3 of the price of japanese mccoys

That blog post pretty much explains it. My jacket is from when Real McCoy NZ and Real McCoy JP were two sides of the same company. The company which made my jacket technically doesn't exist any longer. It's been orphaned, so to speak.

-Jake

yeah, it's back to 70s this week in LA.

Surely a mid-weight Highwayman with cotton drill lining would be good for LA weather? Maybe you could trade your cordovan one in for a lighter one like that...

-Jake

I need some time to check this whole thread.

by the way, what's the best deal for a decently done A-2 jacket if I don't want to spend more than 500 euro? suggestions, please.

check Aero... also check out their used section or sale section to get a deal

i love the half bels posted here, both of em are awesome, i think i m going for a half belt as my next jacket.

i also think that apart from goodwear wich is another world of a2s, aero is the best deal at the moment, and the rest of their jackets are great anyway.

the a2s might not be that accurate but the pound is so low at the moment that the prizes are compared to none, sure eastman is also a good choice.