The Flight Jacket Thread

still

Can't wait for pics, Dr H.

I've search the thread and can't find reference to repairs. Is there anyone in the UK who can fit new elastic? I have a couple of 60s generic jackets that need some work, and three or four more that need new linings.

(Plus about three more I've given away and have to try scrounging back, due to jacket-envy induced by this thread)

Can't wait for pics, Dr H.

I've search the thread and can't find reference to repairs. Is there anyone in the UK who can fit new elastic? I have a couple of 60s generic jackets that need some work, and three or four more that need new linings.

(Plus about three more I've given away and have to try scrounging back, due to jacket-envy induced by this thread)

+1 for Aero.

I've got a couple of their jackets and have had new knits put on an A2. Top quality. They are very busy at the moment (my new jacket took 3 months) so I'd drop them a line and ask what sort of a backlog they have.

Ps. They quoted me £50 for relining an A2.

heprof,

it might just be the picture but the sleeves look very short?

Sometimes it is, but when arms are down and bent, it feels fine:

GW_ad.jpg

GW_ab.jpg

but when stretched out for driving, its too short:

GW_as.jpg

I went up a size and even had John widen the shoulders by a half inch more than contract specs, but when I first put it on, it was really tight around the arm holes and the creep up the wrist was even worse than the picture above. I almost returned it, but decided to break it in. It's not perfect, as perhaps a more modern cut would fit me better, but I get a lot of joy wearing it and it has comfortably molded to suit me--except of course I don't ride my motorcycle with it.

Heprof...

I had the same problem with areo's and actually went through a few of their jackets till I figured out what I needed.

I had an extra 1 1/2 in the sleeves added to my Anniversary Aero and it solved the sleeve problem for me.

I always hated seeing my wrists every time I drive.

so if you order another you should probably ask for an extra inch or so in the sleeves.

Heprof...

I had an extra 1 1/2 in the sleeves added to my Anniversary Aero and it solved the sleeve problem for me.

I always hated seeing my wrists every time I drive.

so if you order another you should probably ask for an extra inch or so in the sleeves.

Smart call. Does the knit bunch up around your wrist with the extra length when your arms are down?

Smart call. Does the knit bunch up around your wrist with the extra length when your arms are down?

just a little but the leather doesn't

I'll try to take some pics when I get home

very curious how it will look on you!

I just ordered an used Aero A2 in russet horseside for reasonable 225,- GBP.my advantage is that I tried different sizes at the Ridersroom and hopefully got it right with a 42.was nearly ready to order an Eastman Monarch,but their sizing guide confused me.following them,my chest measures 36,but an Aero A2 in 40 is one size too small,42 just fits about right.should be in my hands next week.