Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

my KMW 1980s ain't got shit for a good amount of wear in a year and 4 months or so. Washed the fuck out of them. I gave up on getting good fades on them, I wear them when I really need to not give a fuck about what I'm wearing.

Like I'm going to get something gross on them.

That said, these jeans are light (feeling despite being 14oz), comfortable, fit extremely well (even a size too large). Color is accurate.

kmws-1.jpgkmwsback.jpg

kmwdetails.jpgkmwsbackdetails.jpg

So. I own the 1980's (Japanese) and now Rocker (Japanese) and I'm just wonderin if people can help confirm some detail differences between the two.

Comparatively, my 1980's have phat ass belt loops (I like this feature). Also the denim on this pair seems thicker, tougher, less prone to stretch. My Rockers have stretched a considerable amount in 1 day of heavy wear-- knee bulge is especially pronounced compared with the 80s -- whereas the 80's have been more resistant(Could be the fact that the knee measurement is smaller and thus the denim around the knee has seen more pressure). Does KMW use different denim for these jawns?

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Nate1492-

If you do indeed have the Japanese production version of both of these jeans the denim is the same.

The belt loops are thicker on this season's KMWs (all models) than in previous seasons; good eye.

I'm thinking you've hit the nail on the head regarding knee bulge. The Rockers are skinnier so you're putting more strain on the knee thus stretching it out more.

Cloudhands69-

The two cuts are different over the whole jean, not just from the knee down.

The Rockers have a lower rise and the whole jean is more slim.

It takes a lot to damage these things.... took about 3.5 months for my first hole and I was skating in them nearly daily (and wearing them daily). Still, the only spots of significant wear are my left calf (slide on that a lot when I fall) and ass (same reason)

• 2 weeks later...

ok whats the consensus on sizing down on these. i always have bad luck sizing down so im scared. i am between 31 and 32 in most pants..... I wear 30s in APC NS. Would i be better off with 31s or 32s?

I tried on some 31s and they are pretty snug in the waist. tho not too bad everywhere else...

some of my fav prewash jeans stretched from 31s to almost 34s...

• 3 weeks later...

xposted from evolution:

kmws, maybe 5 months, a few washes...

DSCN5765.jpg?t=1226097002

DSCN5775.jpg?t=1226097726

DSCN5773.jpg?t=1226097774

DSCN5770.jpg?t=1226098069

DSCN5771.jpg?t=1226098187

DSCN5778.jpg?t=1226098231

DSCN5779.jpg?t=1226098275

DSCN5769.jpg?t=1226098339

that's about it...

ill do my best to get some more photos when i give them another wash, which will hopefully be soon, all that caked mud is unpleasant.

edit: decided to wash today as my girlfriend was doing wash anyhow. the results:

DSCN5795.jpg

DSCN5785.jpg

DSCN5786.jpg

DSCN5787.jpg

DSCN5792.jpg

DSCN5791.jpg

DSCN5790.jpg

DSCN5793.jpg

^^ this is the only minor blowout i had, and I can't even call it a blowout- I hooked the seam of the back left pocket on rusty nail from a fencepost and tore a small section of the stitching out. The sloppy repair took about three minutes...

Despite losing all the obvious mud that was caked onto them they managed to retain a somewhat dirty color, which I prefer to their color after earlier washes which was more of a royal blue. Not bad, just not as satisfying. oh- the patch remains essentially identical before in terms of color, perhaps a bit more puckered, but not worth documenting the difference.

quick sizing info, if i wear a size 29 in APC PS, can i fit into a 28 in the rockers? how much will these stretch out? Does anyone have an actual measurement of the waist, rise, thigh and inseam?

Depends on how tight you want them...I have a pair of the rockers in 30 and they fit tight at first but they are fine now...I've tried on the 29 in the APC PS and they were really tight but I could still get them done up...I'd probably go with a 29 in the rockers unless you wanted to put up with some pain for the first few days.

Depends on how tight you want them...I have a pair of the rockers in 30 and they fit tight at first but they are fine now...I've tried on the 29 in the APC PS and they were really tight but I could still get them done up...I'd probably go with a 29 in the rockers unless you wanted to put up with some pain for the first few days.

I bought a 32 in the rockers and they measure almost 34 now...stretched out fairly quickly.

I'd say size down, you should be okay because the thighs on rockers aren't uber tight and they will stretch. Depends on what kind of fit you're going for though obviously.

quick sizing info, if i wear a size 29 in APC PS, can i fit into a 28 in the rockers? how much will these stretch out? Does anyone have an actual measurement of the waist, rise, thigh and inseam?

bought size 31 in the 1980, started out at 32" waist. been ~3 weeks and it's at 33.5". i read a bunch of stuff about these not stretching, but that's just not true in my experience. i'm not complaining tho, cuz they still fit fine.