Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

Some day I'd like to see Blake's 100+ collection of jeans

There is some amazing stuff (a nevada jean in the box with a letter from the president of levi's), and some super lame stuff (like my first pair of Mavi's). None of it is getting thrown out though. I do not know what I would do if I did not have a basement.......

There is some amazing stuff (a nevada jean in the box with a letter from the president of levi's), and some super lame stuff (like my first pair of Mavi's). None of it is getting thrown out though. I do not know what I would do if I did not have a basement.......

I've got a few pairs of embarassing jeans, too... I've got some true religions, diesel, and... gulp... the american eagle jeans I was wearing when I bought those A.P.C.'s from you yesterday.

I've got a few pairs of embarassing jeans, too... I've got some true religions, diesel, and... gulp... the american eagle jeans I was wearing when I bought those A.P.C.'s from you yesterday.

let me know how those come along. I am always interested in seeing people's worked over jeans.

• 2 weeks later...
That's interesting because from everything else I've seen and read, it seems like the opposite should be true.

From the Context site: "Warp and weft dyed denim will develop a subtle and unique fade over time-- a brilliant sheen"

Pictures I've found. Sorry if these are yours because I can't give credit, they were found amongst boards. They're both in various stages of wear and while they don't look like leather, have a very obvious sheen.

th_KMW1980xContextlightingwear.jpg

I think those have never been washed. That is what I was saying. they start off with a sheen and once you soak them, it goes away.

I kind of meant more along the lines of a patina, the likes of which you would notice on a pair of Nudie RRDS or something else selvage, not like a dry coated shine.

Here are long awaited images of my pair of the Context Exclusive KMW 1980 Black Selvage. I've received hella questions about fade, stretch, sheen, shine, and color change on these. Pics provide answers. The when new the denim is THE MOST RIGID FABRIC you will find anywhere. Some soak theirs, I did not. I would recommend not soaking. They are sanforized (and thus will shirk almost zero with a soak). The folds and creases will be more pronounced without a soak= better fades.

2.5 months daily wear. No Wash No Soak. They have stretched one inch in the waist.

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

You can see a shine developing. They feel waxy.

Im sorry if this has already been covered before -

I want to order the KMW 1980s. If I wear a 32 Nudies Average Joe, would I get these in the same size?

I would get a size 31 if I were you. I bought mine true to size, they stretch out to 1 size bigger and now I wish I would've went a little smaller.

These are size 31's here and I should have gotten a 30.

th_KMWBack3.jpgth_KMWSideGstar.jpgth_KMWFront2.jpg

very hyped to get a pair of rockers in the next few months (still working on NS)

ok so while rockers are tapered, 1980 is a straight slim?

Pretty much, when I first got them I thought they were pretty slim, they do stretch after a while. If you want them slim fitting you would need to size down 1 or 2 sizes. Otherwise, I would describe them as more of a relaxed fit. The pics above are size 31/34 1980's

These look amazing. Too bad context ran out of size 28. :(

Here are long awaited images of my pair of the Context Exclusive KMW 1980 Black Selvage. I've received hella questions about fade, stretch, sheen, shine, and color change on these. Pics provide answers. The when new the denim is THE MOST RIGID FABRIC you will find anywhere. Some soak theirs, I did not. I would recommend not soaking. They are sanforized (and thus will shirk almost zero with a soak). The folds and creases will be more pronounced without a soak= better fades.

2.5 months daily wear. No Wash No Soak. They have stretched one inch in the waist.

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

You can see a shine developing. They feel waxy.