The Evolution Of Your Denim Collection (Pre/Post SuFu)

justinbaily21

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre:

Lucky Brand, Hurley, Replay, Loomstate, Rogan

APC English, Nudie RRDS, Eternal 811, Sugarcane Edo Ai, Oni Blue, PBJ AI-001, Samurai S5000BK, FOB Factory F151, Oni Purples...

Way way too many.

Both of our wallets hate this forum.

pre:

Tommy hilfiger (ugh...), trussardi (thought i was fashionable), Lee, Wrangler (both ShopKo edition), Levis Silvertab, JCrew, LL Bean, Ben Sherman, Mavi

Nudies Reg Ralf Raw Greycast >> Edwin SEN >> Imperial Duke >> Atelier Frontier >> KMW Rocker

all from Context cuz....where else am i going to get jeans in madison? Urban Outfitter? hahaha

2 years ago:

seven

just cavalli

D&G

Ernest Sewn

A&G

Antik

True Religion

NOW:

Evisu red kanji/daicock--> neighborhood narrow cut--> PRPS pruple selvedge--> Nudie Regualr ralf--> Evisu camo daickock--> RMC green eric so pockets--> RMC volcano pocket--> PRPS after burner--> Evisu gold/yellow embroidered daickock--> RMC x Softhard callabo LTD--> Evisu No1 Special dargon pockets--> PRPS Resign affect--> BBC Dog and Astronaught emboridery in orange--> Evisu tokyo/osaka/paris embroidery--> Prada loose fit washed jeans--> Evisu x puma destroyed callabo--> ETRO Milano straight cut--> Evisu gold daicock embroidery--> RMC ghost warior + Sensou Kirai--> RMC flaming fist + Dancing swordsman--> RMC sitting samurai + sensou kirai--> RMC gold eric so pockets LTD--> Evisu Heritage yellow paint daickock--> Evisu No2 in gold and gold paint daicock--> Evisu seagul + gull embroidery--> Dior staright selvedge

sorry, but when i read dior as the last/current pair, i LOL'd. not to be offensive but whats your race? i have a guess in my head.

Mine will sorta be organized by phases.

pre:

-4 pairs of gap womens slim fit low rise - wore for probably two years straight

-several pairs of PDC, one pair sevens, one pair rock&republic - got them all at used clothing store, wore for maybe one winter and was over it.

-old sevens and old gap both cut into short shorts (SHORT) - wore for about a year straight

-APC hipster - last summer

-Levi's 514 - fall

nudie slim jim - inseam not long enough, selling

apc new cure - too small, gotta get a different size from denimbar

samurai s710 - in transit

ande whall grifter- contemplating

pre:

LVC 33s, 37s & 55s

shitload of other regular levis - most of which were distressed (one of them was sick, actually, still my favourite pair of all time, even post sufu)

LVC 47s

SD103s

SC 47s

Sorahikos

Wrangler Bluebells

Kicking Mule 50s

Michiko Koshino

Duckdigger 1920s

Samurai Exports

Imperial Dukes

AW Cougars

SD101s

it's interesting writing these down, actually. just by looking at the order i bought them in it's clear exactly when, and by how much, i've been influenced by this board. nice thread.

I've signed up in your no more denim thread for the rest of 2007. I hope I can do it this time. But with what I have on the plate, it's more than enought to last me at least five years!

I figure I've got ten years worth at 12 months per pair, but I'm waiting for a package from Rakuten as I type this.

I pretty much went from the cheap STFs to LVC with the exception of a pair of nudies and a few RRLs, oh and my canes. Had to go through many LVC before I came to the ones i liked best though. Pretty much like the fit of the 44s the most. I would like to get one pair of the dry 55s though. I got interested in selvage denim when my dad gave me a couple of pairs of his old jeans and I noticed the difference between them and the cheap ugly stfs that I used to wear. At that time the difference in the fabric itself was so noticeable that it really stood out to me. His old redlines just felt so much better and comfortable than the spongy and pale stfs I was wearing.

• 3 months later...

i never wore jeans till grade 11...i was a big khaki and dress pants guy.

first jeans were some run of the mill gap straight leg...wore them forever.

then some more gap

then a pair of jack jones...which at the time were the shit

then nudies, earnest swen, skulls, pbj, samurai, flathead,

pre-2001

various gap

abercrombie

levi's 501

2001-2002

ddc lab greycasted selvage (didn't even know what i had)

seven bootcut (first generation men's sevens, i thought i was the shit)

paper denim ltd

2002-2003 kept the same collection but added . . .

diesel ravix 721

diesel rabox 798

2003-2004 sold the sevens, paper denims, and ddc's; bought more diesel and some apc's

diesel ravix 728, 796, 782

diesel rabox 721, 770

apc english cut (oh god, oh god the dry obsession is starting, had read about nudie but these were cheaper)

2004-2005 added another dry pair . . .

still rockin out the diesels and APC's

nudie ralf greycast

2005-2006 washed the APC's finally but were too short, sold them -- bought some replacements . . .

still rockin out those diesels though

nudie dry japanese selvage svens

2006-2007 finally lost a lot of weight and have embraced the skinny look, wont be caught dead in bootcut anything

studio d'artisan sd-103

flat head 3001

i think the obsession with jeans came with the sevens and realizing there are jeans THAT FIT! -- as opposed to the pretty unflattering, shapeless gap and abercrombie jeans i had been wearing. then i discovered nudie, and then the whole dry thing brings us to the present

sorry, but when i read dior as the last/current pair, i LOL'd. not to be offensive but whats your race? i have a guess in my head.
I am Italian, what are you infering... And I get enw jeans constantly... So why does it matter.

Dude probably thought you were black.

pre:

levi's (up to premium/capital E), lee, and diesel

in between:

nudies, h&m

currently:

whatever i goddamn feel like wearing. i still wear nudies and h&m, and i will wear nicer brands too, but if the jeans look nice, i say wear 'em.