I've Just Turned 21

onemancult

Someone, anyone... please tell me that I am not old and that I still have

plenty of time to make a 'mark' on the world.

I'm constantly surrounded and bombarded by seemingly 'successful' young

people and I'm starting to feel 'old'.

if you live to be 80, than you've already used over a 1/4 of your life. you could pratice shooting a thousand three pointers a day for a few years, than try out for the nba. be like mullin or kerr with their rain dances and shit. this plan is solid, and you'll be under 30 still.

anyway happy birthday, go drink yourself into some regrettable situations already.

On a another note, Happy Birthday. 31's the new 21, or something like that. :)

So you're saying he's still in his teens, eh? I'm sure he's happy... ;)

Happy Birthday onemancult!

(Your B-Day is two days after mine and you're two years older, and I'm sure there's some deeper meaning to that.)

Listen, all of these naysayers, fuck'em. You've got what, nine more years until you're thirty? That's plenty of time.

Start drawing, painting, writing, hell, I don't know, write some music, whatever. You just need to attain moderate success and a little recognition by the time you're oh, say twenty eight.

Then shoot yourself in the head.

Listen, all of these naysayers, fuck'em. You've got what, nine more years until you're thirty? That's plenty of time.

Start drawing, painting, writing, hell, I don't know, write some music, whatever. You just need to attain moderate success and a little recognition by the time you're oh, say twenty eight.

Then shoot yourself in the head.

haha so true

your grey box just turned green

21 is the new 30.

wait... does that make 12 the new 21???

happy birthday OMC, you seem like one smart motherfucker to only be 21. i'm sure you'll be fine.

all this talk is really making me feel old. i guess at 26 i'm ancient. oh shit, and my girlfriend's 31! i better go buy her a walker.

As self appointed spokesperson for the over-25 crowd... I gotta say that 21 is the peak man. After that, you still get a few good years, but it's declining. Each year you'll look back and say "damn, last year was so much better compared to this year". You stop feeling like you're invincible - you now think about things instead of just going ahead and doing shit. You now realize that you're getting closer to death each day. Shit that you did back when you were young and stupid haunts you and fills you with guilt. You stop going to clubs, and start hanging out in dark, depressing pubs with old men. You're too young for the hot 30 year old horny one-time-divorced women, but too old for the 18 year old pussy. Your friends all start getting married, and no longer wanna hang with you because they have to entertain their co-workers for a dinner you weren't invited too. Forget about living the young and free lifestyle. Now you gotta work for the man, and the man only wants to bust your balls, and send you home with a small pathetic paycheque that'll just be enough to cover your living expenses, with maybe a little leftover to spend on the hookers and blow that will now start being the best part of your day.

So enjoy it, and try to not think about how it's all downhill starting now. :D

^^^

worst thing is im recognizing my self in that.. 25, going on 26. Last week I visited some indie-esque club with a friend, and we actually just stood around feeling old.. I was conteplating my chances of fucking some 18 year old in black hair, chucks and fish net stockings but felt I didn´t really could do it.

I´ve pretty much stopped going to clubs compared with a few years ago. I doubt my university choices... damn

Women around 30 looks the best to me actually. Hot, but with experience.

oh, and happy birthday!

Women around 30 looks the best to me actually. Hot, but with experience.

to you and Bandwagonesque. you are NOT to young to go after the hot experienced 30 year olds. jesus. 25 is not old, certainly not 21, and the 30 year old ladies represent a whole new world. got take your game to the next level. ;)

to you and Bandwagonesque. you are NOT to young to go after the hot experienced 30 year olds. jesus. 25 is not old, certainly not 21, and the 30 year old ladies represent a whole new world. got take your game to the next level. ;)

Haha, I don´t really think going after 30 year olds are a problem, but maybe the hot, succesfull ones. Well, im in a relationship anyway , so...

Happy Belated...

at 21, I felt that I was doing real well for my age, young and succesful, all my friends were older, I had a good head on my shoulders...shit you know the deal, sounds like that's where your at.

Part of the problem that I think gives rise to the feelings your on about, is that we live in a world that increasingly seems to insist on succinct descriptions, and easy answers. If you cant answer the question "what do you do?" with a 5 second well-rehearsed sound bite at a dinner function, you are probably doomed to a life full of self doubt. But you know what? Embrace that. If you are never satisfied with what you are doing, yet you keep on moving forward chances are, you're doing OK. A majority the people who are having their flash in the pan succesful moments now will be burnt out by the time your thirty.

I don't know what your trying to do with your life, but there's something for everyone in this quote my Pops gave me when I turned 18...

"A human being should be able to:

change a diaper,

plan an invasion,

butcher a hog,

conn a ship,

design a building,

write a sonnet,

balance accounts,

build a wall,

set a bone,

comfort the dying,

take orders,

give orders,

cooperate,

act alone,

solve equations,

analyze a new problem,

pitch manure,

program a computer,

cook a tasty meal,

fight efficiently,

die gallantly.

Specialization is for insects. "

onward, and upward my man...

A human being should be able to:

change a diaper: NOPE

plan an invasion: NOPE

butcher a hog: HELL NO

conn a ship: WHAT?

design a building: NOPE

write a sonnet: YEAH!

balance accounts: KINDA!

build a wall: MAYBE?

set a bone: NOPE

comfort the dying: HELL YEAH!

take orders: UNFORTUNATELY

give orders: YEAH!

cooperate: YEAH!!!

act alone: OH HELLZ YEAH!

solve equations: NOPE!

analyze a new problem: YEAH!

pitch manure: OH YEAH!

program a computer: SORTA

cook a tasty meal: SORTA!

fight efficiently: KINDA

die gallantly: DUNNO!

:o

If you are never satisfied with what you are doing, yet you keep on moving forward chances are, you're doing OK. A majority the people who are having their flash in the pan succesful moments now will be burnt out by the time your thirty.

absolutely. when your satisfied with where you are, it's time to worry. unless your 80. that's different.

oh, and Bandwagonesque, the 30 year olds... don't talk to them about denim and indie bands; cook 'em dinner and give them multiple orgasms. that's the ticket.

absolutely. when your satisfied with where you are, it's time to worry. unless your 80. that's different.

oh, and Bandwagonesque, the 30 year olds... don't talk to them about denim and indie bands; cook 'em dinner and give them multiple orgasms. that's the ticket.

1 out of 2 ain't bad I guess. ;)

BTW, my earlier post was mostly tongue in cheek. Being 26 like any other age has it's pros and cons...