I've Just Turned 21

onemancult

Im about to turn 24 and every year I seem to get increasingly more awesome. Because I can afford to be!

And when youre older you can finally figure out how to pick up high school chicks. Riding around in a semi-expensive car after school gets out..man youll own the place!

this is weird. I'm 24 and i kinda feel like I'm getting too old to do anything reall fantastic. But that's all bullshit. You could be like 40, quit your job, and start a band or write something or run a business and be completely successful. 21 is definitely not old.

TRUTH.

happy birthday dude, I remember those days like tuesday.

• 3 years later...

At least you recognize that you've been a complete, abject failure up until this point in your life. At nearly 29 I've experienced that same unmistakable twinge of disappointment, desperation, and fear. Go have a drink -- laphroaig 10 yr. -- and forget about it. Or, buy something expensive, something you cannot afford, and enjoy it.

either theres something interesting about the ninth of february, or i just notice it more since its also my birthday...this thread, plus the 6 people i know with birthdays today, not including my own. i feel like it happens every year.

anyone else experience a similar feeling?

anyway, happy birthday to everyone else!